Olive Films

There are 133 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 92,976 times. The latest Post () was by Durhamcowboy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Red River Range finally arrived today.

As fantastic as The Night Riders on Blu Ray.
    I have fallen in love with these anew. They are fantastic innocent little stories with some amazing horsemanship and Duke starting to really find himself. They are a joy to watch.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Red River Range finally arrived today.

As fantastic as The Night Riders on Blu Ray.
    I have fallen in love with these anew. They are fantastic innocent little stories with some amazing horsemanship and Duke starting to really find himself. They are a joy to watch.

hi dooley wouuld red river range be region free

• Pursued on Olive Films. Directed by Raoul Walsh, starring Robert Mitchum, Dean Jagger, Alan Hale and a small part for Harry Carey Jr.
    Fantastic, unconventional Western, one of the best I've seen recently.
    Olive Films remastering is as good as ever. Def worth checking out if you haven't seen it, IMHO!

• The release date is January 22.

Coming January 0f 2013

NEWLY REMASTERED AND RESTORED IN 2012
    4K SCAN FROM THE ORIGINAL NITRATE NEGATIVE

SPECIAL FEATURES:
    • Printed Booklet: Joseph McBride on THE QUIET MAN (15 to 20 Pages)
    Adapted from his biography: SEARCHING FOR JOHN FORD
    • The Making of THE QUIET MAN (1992 | 28 Minutes)
    Written and hosted by Leonard Maltin – Includes interviews with Michael Wayne, Toni Wayne LaCara and Andrew V. McLaglen

O card slipcases for the DVD and BLU

• I would imagine so! I tested The Night Riders on blu ray and that is region free so imagine it's the same. I'll test it just incase and post on here.

thanks for the update,i guess my next purchase is the night riders and red river range

• Thanks Paula, that's going on the list!
    It's great news that so many of Duke's films are being remastered and released on blu ray.
    The Quiet Man has looked well below par for so long I cannot wait to see it in all it's glory.

• Now if only Warner would remaster 3 Godfathers and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon for blu release. Can you all imagine how gorgeous those Technicolor beauties would be in blu-ray (if done right)?

• Now if only Warner would remaster 3 Godfathers and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon for blu release. Can you all imagine how gorgeous those Technicolor beauties would be in blu-ray (if done right)?

She wore a Yellow Ribbon would be amazing indeed!

• Along with The Quiet Man, Olive Films is also releasing Frontier Horizon (New Frontier), King of the Pecos, and The New Frontier on DVD and Blu-ray on January 22, 2013.

Thanks for the updates!

All of these titles will be greatly appreciated as all of them are pretty poor on DVD.

• Worth buying for the artwork alone!

Better get building a bigger shelf, Olive films will be rivalling Criterion for space at this rate.

The New Frontier is a hugely exciting prospect.

• Forgot to say, Thanks Paula!
    As usual the most helpful person on here in fuelling my continual spending on films, lol!