The Last Command (1955)

There are 34 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 39,234 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Arthur Hunnicutt steals the show with every line he says! He doesn't look like the real Crockett, but hell, neither did Fess Parker.
    Borgnine, Slim Pickens, Jim Davis and Russell Simpson are all memorable, but Hayden plays Bowie like a zombie in a trance.
    The battle scenes are full of great stunt work, much better than the 2004 version.

We deal in lead, friend.

Love this movie too and I THINK it might be on DvD now. I remember reading about it somewhere--possibly from Olive Films????? I havent seen this movie in at least 25 or more years.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Never seen this film but will have to track it down purely on the strength of these amazing stills!

Its a good movie and highly recommend you seeing it. I havent seen it in at least 25 years. I THINK it might be on DvD or soon to come out on DvD??? I remember reading something about it a month or tow ago--but cant remember what I read.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I have the VHS also, and watch it at least once a year. Considering the budget, it's actually pretty impressive overall.

• Little bit of an update, though about a year or so too late. Has anybody bought the Blu-ray version of The Last Command put out by Kino Lorber? I bought mine when first available, either last year or 2019. Can't remember which. Certainly a long time coming and worth the wait. Kino Lorber has been putting out some other great movies too, some that I have picked up. Westerns, El Paso, The Long Riders, and Yellow Sky. Many others available.