John Wayne Picture Game #340

There are 22 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 11,236 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Who's quote was the funniest for game #339 5

1. scottie (0) 0%
    2. Tbone (1) 20%
    3. BatjacAuburn (2) 40%
    4. Big Jim (0) 0%
    5. Hawkswill (0) 0%
    6. dukefan1 (2) 40%

Hello Gang!

Don't forget to vote on the last game. It's easy, just click here and chose a winner. Then, come back and vote!

The winner of game #338 is...

dukefan1. :))):

Now. on to the next game. Take a look at the picture below and post a funny comment. Have fun with it!

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi

Ford: Now don't forget Ward you're supposed to be playing me a sweet gentle loving character that butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. get it

(Ward thnking to himself) Boy has Jack got it wrong.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• OK Ward, you realize the long coat is to hide that ass' backside of yours, because mine isn't HALF that size! Right Duke? Oh sure, Right Coach!

Keith
    Thanks Mark for putting up a Ward one, LOL! Three of the best of friends on your Picture Game....very nice indeed!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• to Ward- "Go ahead change the dialog, just don't expand you part."

" When did you learn to read?" John Ford could be nasty sometimes or joking.

by the way Hawkswill- I liked Ward and the whole Ford crew of actors. I enjoyed
    seeing them in movie after movie.
    TV producers and directors do the same thing today. They have a stock crew, they take from series to series.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• Ford and Bond speaking to each other at the same time: "Someone didn't get the memo about sunglasses and pipes today."

Duke: "I get left out on everything."

Ford:"That's because Bond is a better actor than you."

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• You guys wouldn't know where I might find some good actors for a movie I'm making ,you know someone like Jimmy Stewart or Lee marvin?

Mister you better find yourself another line of work, cause this one sure DON"T fit your PISTOL!

• I have a serious question about the picture, something I just noticed.

Take a look at Duke's right lower leg from the top of his shoe and going up the side of his calf. You can also see an outline where it appears to go up inside his pant leg. Is that a leg brace?

Any insight would be appreciated. Anyone know the context of this photo? What movie it was shot for?

Thanks,

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• to Ward- "Go ahead change the dialog, just don't expand you part."

by the way Hawkswill- I liked Ward and the whole Ford crew of actors. I enjoyed
    seeing them in movie after movie.
    TV producers and directors do the same thing today. They have a stock crew, they take from series to series.

Like your caption Ernie! Didn't know about today......haven't seen a NEW movie in years....thanks for telling me. Pappy was almost always rude to Duke and Ward. Ward seems to be the only one that thought it was funny,,,,never bothered him. After all, they were best friends in just about everything they did. Duke would get his feelings hurt sometimes though, and there are times that the whole crew would stand up to Pappy for him, LOL......great stories! Keith So glad you joined us Ernie! KEITH

• Why am I not on here to vote? Tbone voted after me.

Not sure about this Ernie, but if you look at the top, you will see that that is Game 339. We are NOW playing Game 340. Don't believe the voting for THIS game comes out until the other has a winner chosen. Hope this helps.
    Keith

• Well, it that is a brace, it is something new to me TBONE. More like, with the pranks the three always played on each other, it is something Duke has in hiding ready to strike Ward over the head with, LOL.
    This is prep work for the Wings of Eagles when Ward plays a man, (Pappy) who is called instead of Ford...DODGE, LOL! Hope SOMEONE knows what that thing passing up Duke's sock is. KEITH

• It looks like the leg brace he used to play his part as 'Spig' Wead

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Ford and Bond speaking to each other at the same time: "Someone didn't get the memo about sunglasses and pipes today."

Duke: "I get left out on everything."

Ford:"That's because Bond is a better actor than you."

LOL TBONE, good one. When the reviews for Salute.....Pappy, Duke, and Ward's first picture came out, Ward was projected at having a shot at a career in pictures.....Duke wasn't even mentioned. Just quoting here, LOL!
    KEITH

• Well there you are. Thanks for the info! I knew someone would have the low down. :0)

Regards,

Tbone

• HAH, never thought of the fact that Duke was in costume also. Spig Wead, his part, had to wear leg braces and walk with two canes because of his accident! DUH! Keith

• [quote='brick','http://dukewayne.com/bb/index.php?thread/&postID=117045#post117045']You guys wouldn't know where I might find some good actors for a movie I'm making ,you know someone like Jimmy Stewart or Lee marvin?
    Walll, Pilgrim, you are on my (Dukes) websight, and I can find you better then, those two.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• for #340

to Ward- "Go ahead change the dialog, just don't expand you part."

• Keith--"haven't seen a NEW movie in years....thanks for telling me."
    You may have missed a great movie in the new "True Grit" then.
    The secondary dialog, I believe was better in the new one. Maddy was
    out standing, probably equal to the Maddy in the original.
    The "True Grit" book is a fine story that makes both movies great.
    Of course I will always be partial to the original. The Duke was in it and
    it was shot in Colorado.