Sketch Prizes

There are 57 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 56,478 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thank you Keith and I wish I still had them. Two others I did and in color--were war scenes. One was several Marines during the Boxer Rebellion--fighting off hordes of Boxers--who were unseen, and another was a Vietnam bunker scene. You saw two G.I.s in came--inside a bunker looking out and one had his hand on the depressor button that was to set off a Claymore mine. I really liked the detail I had in this one. One of them even had a pack of Marloboro Reds Cigarettes in a band around his helmet and a small oil bottle and he was smoking one of cigs. I cant remember the name of the comicbook series I got the otherone from but this one was from an issue of Nam.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Kid, Thanks.

It is from Hondo.......Hondo is staked out and Vittorio is about to put hot coals in his hand to make him tell where the soldiers are. This is just before he gets released and does the knife fight with Silva. Terry Wilson, (Bill Hawks of Wagon Train fame) doubles Duke in the fight......Terry is known for his knife fights! When Hondo first throws Silva over him, Terry is the one in the scene. Duke is in for a few close ups, but Terry does most all of the fight.

Too bad about your art......most of mine got sold, LOL! KP

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Hi Kid, Thanks.

It is from Hondo.......Hondo is staked out and Vittorio is about to put hot coals in his hand to make him tell where the soldiers are. This is just before he gets released and does the knife fight with Silva. Terry Wilson, (Bill Hawks of Wagon Train fame) doubles Duke in the fight......Terry is known for his knife fights! When Hondo first throws Silva over him, Terry is the one in the scene. Duke is in for a few close ups, but Terry does most all of the fight.

Too bad about your art......most of mine got sold, LOL! KP

Thanks Keith and on both things ;-)) Hondo is one of my top most favorite of Duke movies and Michael Pate is my top most favorite Actor from Australia--well-next to Flynn anyway ;-)) Eating -rather--drinking lunch today--I watched PT-109 again and Pate was Evans--the Aussie Coast-watcher--who eventually got Kennedy rescued.

Still reeling from the Gastro-problem. Im fighting just to be online this long. Im HOPING to be better tomorrow so I cna try getting more pics posted ;-)) I wanted to also try calling you today but not feeling good enough yet. I hate having these probs.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Glad you got them guys. A lot of the originals I posted have been sold, but I made 50 prints of each signed and numbered. Only selling them for $10 until I get a bit of a following. Very low on them now. Am doing one for Carl of Steve McQueen all tangled up in barbed wire with his motorcycle from the Great Escape. He sent me a three foot tall poster of Duke from the top of his hat to the tips of his boots.....will put it in my bedroom after I frame it. The wood I chose is too small....didn't know my surprise was going to be so large, so will pick something else unusual out of my supply in the shop.
    Thanks again for letting me know, and if you DO frame the pics, sure would love to see a pic of them that way! HAGO, KEITH

• Glad you got them guys. A lot of the originals I posted have been sold, but I made 50 prints of each signed and numbered. Only selling them for $10 until I get a bit of a following. Very low on them now. Am doing one for Carl of Steve McQueen all tangled up in barbed wire with his motorcycle from the Great Escape. He sent me a three foot tall poster of Duke from the top of his hat to the tips of his boots.....will put it in my bedroom after I frame it. The wood I chose is too small....didn't know my surprise was going to be so large, so will pick something else unusual out of my supply in the shop.
    Thanks again for letting me know, and if you DO frame the pics, sure would love to see a pic of them that way! HAGO, KEITH

Take a look in the last westerns watched thread. I posted about James Stewart in: The Man From Laramie and--I found somehting you will like--a nice piece of art showing the General being dragged by a rope. Check it out and lemme know what you thunk? ;-))

• Keith did you do that one of the Great Escape with Mcqueen tangled up in the barbed wire.

Hi Tommy, Did it once, but didn't like the bike.......so got some better pics of it, and am working on it now. You ever get the framing? Oh, that drawing is for Carl........will only have prints of it. HAGO, KP

• Hey Keith got the sketches framed like I wanted them, they look really good in one frame.

“COWBOYS, just like the word says.”
    John Wayne

• Hey Keith got the sketches framed like I wanted them, they look really good in one frame.

“COWBOYS, just like the word says.”
    John Wayne

Thanks Tommy. Can you send us a picture of it? It will be the first multiple framed one I will have a picture of. KEITH

"Not CowMEN, CowBOYS!" LOVE THAT MOVIE!

• Tried to take a photo of it inside the house but keep getting to flash on it will try outside when we get a fine day.

Sgt. Stryker: You gotta learn right and you gotta learn fast. And any man that doesn't want to cooperate, I'll make him wish he had never been born. Sands of Iwo Jima

• Well Darn. Thanks anyway, Tommy. Can't wait to see it. Might work if you turn the lights up in the house and not use a flash. My camera does that fine, but it is for my work, so it is a pretty good camera, LOL! Also, you can turn off the lights and use the camera flash.......that works sometimes.

Thanks again for trying, KEITH

Tried to take a photo of it inside the house but keep getting to flash on it will try outside when we get a fine day.

Sgt. Stryker: You gotta learn right and you gotta learn fast. And any man that doesn't want to cooperate, I'll make him wish he had never been born. Sands of Iwo Jima