Books on John Ford

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Paula.

• Re: John Ford Books

Harry Carey, Jr.'s Company of Heroes: My Life as an Actor in the John Ford Stock Company is being published in paperback format on December 7, 2013 by Taylor Trade Publishing. I'm so glad this wonderful book is coming back into print!

rowman.com/ISBN/9781589799110

Mark Harris' new book Five Came Back describes the experiences of five film directors -- John Ford, William Wyler, John Huston, Frank Capra and George Stevens -- when they served in WWII and the films they made during the war.

latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/l…52903.story#ixzz2u42GKw1X

The current issue (February 28) of Entertainment Weekly has an excerpt from the book about John Ford at Midway, with an awesome illustration of Ford -- filmmaker as war hero. ;) The artist is Yuko Shimizu) I scanned in the excerpt and now I can't wait to read the book!

Paula- Thank you, this is outstanding. John Ford was also in combat on D-day. He was on a large ship, I believe a cruiser and relatively safe. He chose to go on
      a PT boat running around the during the battle. They came under fire several times. I think he wanted to get a feel for things and loved it. A brave man.
      "A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower