Disney To Buy Lucasfilm

There are 16 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,450 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• My son just called me and told this. Disney has agreed to buy Lucasfilm Ltd from George Lucas for $4.05 BILLION. Also, Lucas says a new Star Wars movie, right now titled Episode 7, will be out in 2015. He will follow that with Episode 8 in 2018, and Episode 9 in 2021. I heard about this a few years ago, though Lucas denied that he'd make anymore Star Wars films. Don't know if true, but from what I read, these stories will take place some years after Return Of The Jedi, with Luke Skywalker now head of the Jedi order, married with a son, Ben Skywalker, also a Jedi. Han & Leiea are married with two sons, Anakin and Jaden Solo, also Jedi and a daughter. The premise will be that dark forces have returned in the form of Dark Jedi, whose aim is to clone Darth Vader and take over the galaxy.

• I really don't know what to make of this!

Being an original kid of the Star Wars generation all I can see is a further downward spiral.
    I would love to be proved wrong!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• I remember reading years ago that when Lucas was writing Star Wars he planned it as a nine film saga and picked the middle trilogy to film as it was the strongest .

Also,after Return of Jedi was completed Harrison Ford talked about returning to play Hans Solo character in 20-30 years time.

Lets hope he lets somebody good to direct any new movies as the last three were very weak.

• I remember reading years ago that when Lucas was writing Star Wars he planned it as a nine film saga and picked the middle trilogy to film as it was the strongest .

Also,after Return of Jedi was completed Harrison Ford talked about returning to play Hans Solo character in 20-30 years time.

Lets hope he lets somebody good to direct any new movies as the last three were very weak.

Totally agree, he came up with the story but a brilliant director he is not!
    The Emipre Strikes Back sands head and shoulders above the rest for me.

• Bantha fodder!

How much money can that morally bankrupt old billionaire squeeze out of another generation? The first time it sold out was to market cuddly Ewok dolls followed by a succession of poorly written and dismally acted sequels. They were an abomination. Who can forget the pathetic pandering to a minority audience with Jar Jar Binks and the ersatz Ben Hur race?

Kids were mind numbed by laughable sleazy back door political intrigue, horrified by assassination of innocents, and bored with villains with downright goofy names.

How the hell can this soulless cultural vampire hope to suck more millions from kids with a trade name that has been sullied by naked greed?

We deal in lead, friend

• Why don't you say how you really feel? Keeping it bottled up is harmful to your health you know.

Anyway, when I first heard this news my mouth hit the floor in disbelief. Mainly it's because I didn't think that Lucas would ever sell his baby, but also 4.05 billion is a ridiculous bargain considering the revenue that Star Wars generates.

• My son just called me and told this. Disney has agreed to buy Lucasfilm Ltd from George Lucas for $4.05 BILLION. Also, Lucas says a new Star Wars movie, right now titled Episode 7, will be out in 2015. He will follow that with Episode 8 in 2018, and Episode 9 in 2021. I heard about this a few years ago, though Lucas denied that he'd make anymore Star Wars films. Don't know if true, but from what I read, these stories will take place some years after Return Of The Jedi, with Luke Skywalker now head of the Jedi order, married with a son, Ben Skywalker, also a Jedi. Han & Leiea are married with two sons, Anakin and Jaden Solo, also Jedi and a daughter. The premise will be that dark forces have returned in the form of Dark Jedi, whose aim is to clone Darth Vader and take over the galaxy.

There goes the neighborhood. I was 10 when Star Wars came out and I thought it the greatest movie I had seen. I had one toy from the movie which was a Stormtrooper. I loved the original three-hated the second three and my mind will be open on the third three-but somehow--I think they will suck prune pits all day and all night too. >:-((

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Fully agree. And to answer your Questions: the answers are: Greed and--they have no new ideas. Thank GOD, there are still thousands of older and classic movies to still watch and to own.

• Just think: The Great Escape at your nearest theater next Wednesday. I think it will be the only thing to get political negatives off my mind.

• Who knows -- an infusion of fresh blood may mean a genuinely entertaining Star Wars movie, rather than the crap-fest that was the last 3 films. Or I'll even say last 4, since I'm no fan of Return of the Jedi.

The Empire Strikes Back -- I saw that one in theaters into the double digits. It played all summer and just about every week I went to see it. ;)

• Who knows -- an infusion of fresh blood may mean a genuinely entertaining Star Wars movie, rather than the crap-fest that was the last 3 films. Or I'll even say last 4, since I'm no fan of Return of the Jedi.

The Empire Strikes Back -- I saw that one in theaters into the double digits. It played all summer and just about every week I went to see it. ;)

Agreed! As I said, best by a mile and Lucas didn't direct it!

I also saw it and Jedi, in the theaters and loved em. I saw the first of the 2nd trio in the theaters too--didnt care any for it--saw parts pf the last two and hated them. I have ZERO faith that they can make good sequals but-like I say, ill keep an open mind on it as long as they do NOT--include that most irritating of lousy actors in them by the name of samuel jackson. I detest that foul-mouthed idiot and I care NOT-what anyone thinks of me for saying that.

• Ringo, you didn't think that "Snakes on a Plane" was of Academy Award quality? The stunning plot, the magnificent special effects, and Sam Jackson's immortal line delivery of pure self scripted poetry propel this into the classic film roster of all time! Horse manure?
    Jackson's performance in that flick is only surpassed by the sincere and heartwarming, down home performance in his Obama ad. What an inspired poet.

Won't be watching old Sam, Tom Hanks, Susan Sarandon, the reliably and always offensive Sean Penn, Eva Longoria, Scarlett Johansonn and Juliet Moore in anything for a long, long time. They seem to be like people who have had pods placed under their beds and are on zombie-like lockstep parroting the liberal policy line. In short, who is using the good brain today.

God bless Clint Eastwood, and please feel free to disagree. This is an open forum, and I've been known to be not only wrong, but glaringly so.

Fire away, amigos.

• Heh heh, I saw the Snakes on a Plane movie only until the crazy scene where some lady got bitten on her nipple--after that--I sheeshed then switched the channel. If I recall? luckily-i found eiher a John Wayne movie showing--or a War movie :lo:

I aint watching any of those eiter and dont know who johannssen or moore is? Dont care either.

Same here--God bless Clint Eastwood. I saw him on Hannity last night and he was marvelous ;-)) I HOPE he lives to be 120.

PS, I dont know the name of the movie but--when jackson was mouthing off in it--he got eaten by a shark. Guess who I voted for--your right--the Shark. :lol::lol::lol:

I had a geat PS but the server messed up.

Anyway, I saw Snakes only till the part where some lady got bit on her boob then I switched the station and saw either a John Wayne movie or a War movie.

I voted on Oct 22nd 1st day early voting and knowingly voted for one Dem--he is: Bobby Cisneros who is running to be reelected for Constable Precinct 1. I met him at gun shows and he's a great person--blue dog Dem is anit gun control VERY pro gun--and also is a Nam Combat Vet. I might have voted for another dem or two---but if I did? I did so as I thought then best for the job--the rest were Reps. Many here only vote along partylines which IMO--is VERY stupid.

Oh and get this, for Mayor of Corpus Christi--there are 4 running. One running by the name of Josey Wales. Guess who got my vote? yup--the "outlaw". :lol::lol::lol:

I fully agree with Gorch, and again, GOD BLESS CLINT EASTWOOD.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().