Duke's Poster Place- Past Discussion (Archive)

There are 56 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 31,218 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Firstly, better get the welding kit out to break through that noggin and get posting, it's quite easy, Keith could possibly give you a run through if Ladyhawk hasn't broken through, although I would imagine she was very thorough!

Regarding Lobby cards, I know what you mean, not sure why they did that on some, not all of them are coloured black and white, Hatari your fave I know, lol, is in colour, Circus World is coloured. 10x8 stills ill be posting too those are colour photos.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Hi all, to compliment Lasbugas' great stills thread I thought we should have a central place for folks to post pictures of their posters, lobby cards, colour stills, press books etc., basically anything to do with the promotion of Duke's films.
    The only criteria is colour, so it sits nicely with the predominantly black and white sister thread.
    I'll start it off but this is a thread for all who have stuff and would like to share it with the rest of us.

Peter (Dooley)

Peter, well done and thanks for posting this thread.
    There are indeed some great lobby cards out there
    and you are blessed to have them.

As with lasbugas's thread,
    I have also made yours 'sticky', so that it will always remain predominant.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Peter, well done and thanks for posting this thread.
    There are indeed some great lobby cards out there
    and you are blessed to have them.

As with lasbugas's thread,
    I have also made yours 'sticky', so that it will always remain predominant.

Great idea, Thanks Keith!
    It'll make it easier for people to find and post their stuff.
    It's also nice to have a visual thread with all these bits in one place.

• Gorch, I take that back, Hatari! is coloured too!, lol! I'm going to try and dig out why they were hand coloured as I've always wondered too! If you find out post it on here.

• FanTAStic posters Dooley! I can't even imagine having things like that. I would have them all over the walls, LOL. Great thing here. Hope some others will post theirs also. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Thanks Ladyhawk, it is supposed to be for everyone to post images, and I know there are people out there with collections, most far more impressive than my measly effort, I can just hope they start posting!

• Hi Dooley, Well, I sent out a few emails......we will see what happens. Offered to teach Bill Photobucket. Taught Carl, and he learned it pretty quickly. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Great images Ladyhawk, your friend must have an amazing collection.

This thread is supposed to be Duke posters but I suppose if no one posts anything else it's good to have a few others, lol!

• Great images Ladyhawk, your friend must have an amazing collection.

This thread is supposed to be Duke posters but I suppose if no one posts anything else it's good to have a few others, lol!

However Peter, I think that Duke's Poster Place should
    be as it says,
    and another new thread started for 'Posters Misc'

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Dooley has recently posted the thread
    Duke's Poster Place,
    so to run along with that,
    thought it timely to remind us of this thread

Is there a way we can consolidate all these under one main thread?
    The idea was to have a central place for all the posters, printed ephemera, from all members rather personal collections spread all over the forum.

• Is there a way we can consolidate all these under one main thread?
    The idea was to have a central place for all the posters, printed ephemera, from all members rather personal collections spread all over the forum.

Peter,
    I can consolidate the poster threads,
    but the Comics and Annuals being a separate subject,
    can stand alone.

However I still think we should have a totally different thread
    for all non-Duke posters.
    Let me know.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Agreed on the comics and non Duke poster thread, I think a pals in the saddle poster thread would be good.

Consolidating the Duke posters into one would be great.

It's only because you re introduced an old thread due to Hatari that I even knew they were on here!

I think the thing to remember is for those who haven't been on here for a long time, me for example, won't know all the delights that have been posted in the dim and distant past. ;)