Duke's Poster Place- Past Discussion (Archive)

There are 56 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 31,223 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Great bunch of posters you have there, Juniormike. What I really like about the foreign posters is the artwork involved. Some are very colorful. Thanks for sharing them, I look forward to seeing more.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi Mike thanks for posting these and the ones you are going to post.

I have a few for True grit but found storage and preservation to be a problem so now I concentrate on Audio and video and books.

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• Mike, you have one awesome collection! Thanks for sharing with us! I have to ask though, did you have any contributions to the new 10 CD / 1 DVD / Poster book that is coming out?
    Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• There's a forum thread here: http://www.dukewayne.com/showthread.php?t=4598

Its a 10 CD plus 1 DVD, plus a 400+ page book with lots of poster and lobby card photos. I don't imagine their collection is as good as yours, but I believe it is coming out of Germany, so I thought of you.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Alright...
    Seems I work too much. I miss almost everything...
    Yeah, I guess I know those guys.

I'm glad I own most of the LP records so I never really cared
    much for CD's (on that subject I'm older then I really am, still
    playing records..). The DVD is rather pointless. There's only
    two or three lesser known featurettes and those are incl.
    on the SpyGuise US VHS Tape (JW Behind the scenes).
    The book I'd love to see. In Germany we had some terrific
    books on movie posters (in general), but also a few lesser ones.
    So I'd really like to see it first.
    I'm sure they found enough material without me participating,
    there are 5 - 10 serious Wayne-collectors in Germany. Although
    most of them only collect German poster's & LC's..

• Maybe you should consider putting together a book of John Wayne posters and lobby cards. Sort of like a large coffee table book. You've got the best and most extensive collection I know of, so I know I'd buy one!

• Actually I had the idea of doing a CANDID DUKE book years ago.
    My main interest is behind the scenes photos. I have on RIO BRAVO & HATARI! alone 200 behind the scenes shots. Maybe dozens of color pages with mixed posters & LC's as salt in the soup...
    I guess for a book featuring JUST posters & LC's my collection is much to incomplete. The 30's and 40's stuff is and always was much to expensive for me...
    So far I made only one book (PASSION & POETRY - SAM PECKINPAH IN PICTURES with more than 1000 photos. People over here loved it.) and
    two other book projects died thanks to the greedy lawyers of certain LA-talent.

I listed some reproductions of my rare Duke-stills at eBay, 'gives you an
    idea of what I'm talking about :)

http://stores.shop.ebay.de/EL-…_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

• Hi Mike, great shots,
    perhaps you can start your ' Candid Duke'here,
    and upload your pictures into our various Movie Threads!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Great photos Mike! I wish I could read German!

• German? I don't get it, the stills are listed at eBay USA...
    Or were you referring to the book PASSION & POETRY?

When I clicked on the link, it came up as ebay Germany. I'll check ebay USA and see if I can find them.