Movie Posters

There are 48 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 13,542 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Dooley, I am on another browser, and things are working. Will go back to Mozilla after I post this and see if it is OK now. Are these the kinds of things you are looking for? These are from my friend John's collection. KEITh

CHINA DOLL (1958) --- Blame director Frank Borgaze for the ocean of tears to be shed at a wallop emotional finish to this WWII romance. The impact comes slow and unexpected, opener reels suggesting little past odd pair-up of hardened flyer Victor Mature with a Chinese waif he unknowingly "buys" from her father. Give it time and China Doll will hand you something memorable. Borzage's name assures plenty out of the ordinary. Mature shows again how good he routinely was by this point of a prolific career. Robert Morrison produced for the Batjac company --- he was John Wayne's brother. Duke could have played this, and well, but not so well as Vic. Dish Network comps subscribers with On-Demand HD of China Doll and others of United Artists origin. It looked terrif in 1.85.

Told you we needed China Doll, LOL! LadyHawk

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• If I can find them? here are what I have:

I have this poster and signed by John Doucette near where it says 20th Century Fox:

My poster is not in the nice condition as this one is in.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I HAD--two double-sized and double-sided Disney posters for: The Rocketeer, but some jerk stole them from my collection.

• I HAD this one too but it too--was pinched from my collection:

It kinda looked like this one--only no distortion on the shield and had a sold black background and no words. This was the Cap American movie that came out in the early 90s with I THINK Matthew Salinger as the Capt.

• This one is a half-sheet poster for: Away All Boats: I still have this one thankfully:

I also HAD--this oen which was the rarer double-sized and double-sided poster:

• Hi Dooley--same for me. However, I still dont have it on DvD. Every time I think of buying it? I always get a message sent advertising a DvD sale at WB or elsewhere-and I always forget about it.

• I had quite a few others like the rare double-sized double-sided Batman poster--the 1st one with Michael Keaton as Bats: and I had a few with Chuck Norris, Charles Bronson, and I forget whom else--but cant remember what all I had. I had First Blood, Rambo, and I think 2-3 of Steven Seagals earlier movies--on and had a great double-sized (for hanging on theater doors) double-sided poster from Clint Eastwoods: Unforgiven--I also had the press kit and the box all the advertising stuff came in. Guess what? those were pinched too.

The box and the poster had this image on them:

I had other posters but--I can no longer remember what movies they were from.

• Great posters, thanks for posting them

Thanks, and I wish I could remember what I HAd-from other movies. I have a few other posted but one was a giveaway that you could only get back about 1990--from Marvel Comics (which I still have) that was signed by Stan Lee and John Byrne. You could only get this poster if you ordered both VHS tapes @ $50. One was a tape of the first X-Men animated 30 minutes toon ever--the other was: How To Draw Comics the Marvel Way.

I had a good laugh listening to Stan Lee--he really must have been a NERD. :lol::lol: However--he is a great NERD.

• Never saw the "Fixed Bayonets" poster before. It's terrific. Does anyone here realize that James Dean is one of the grunts in the movie? It's been quite some time since I've seen it, but it's definitely him. I'll have to dig it out from the VHS archives to see what he did. I mention it only because he is usually credited with being in just three movies - "East of Eden", "Rebel Without a Cause" and "Giant".
    Also, the "Away All Boats" art is by Reynold Brown, who did the magnificent painting for Duke's "The Alamo", one of the best ever. The one sheet doesn't begin to capture the scope of the work. The small, but complete Belgian poster shows the entire artwork.

We deal in lead, friend.

• So MB, when are we going to fire up the phone and teach you Photobucket now that there are all these great threads for you to scan and post to? The Ringo kid is going strong,..didn't take him long to pick it up.

Hope you are having a blast with the kids and grandkids.....lucky you. Ever want to send one my way for a week or two, just let me know, LOL! YK

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Hi Dooley--same for me. However, I still dont have it on DvD. Every time I think of buying it? I always get a message sent advertising a DvD sale at WB or elsewhere-and I always forget about it.

Remember to give me the heads up on the next Warner sale!:wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Never saw the "Fixed Bayonets" poster before. It's terrific. Does anyone here realize that James Dean is one of the grunts in the movie? It's been quite some time since I've seen it, but it's definitely him. I'll have to dig it out from the VHS archives to see what he did. I mention it only because he is usually credited with being in just three movies - "East of Eden", "Rebel Without a Cause" and "Giant".
    Also, the "Away All Boats" art is by Reynold Brown, who did the magnificent painting for Duke's "The Alamo", one of the best ever. The one sheet doesn't begin to capture the scope of the work. The small, but complete Belgian poster shows the entire artwork.

We deal in lead, friend.

And I got this one which John Doucette had autographed--got it for less than $40. Its in rough shape but its a keeper none the less.

• So MB, when are we going to fire up the phone and teach you Photobucket now that there are all these great threads for you to scan and post to? The Ringo kid is going strong,..didn't take him long to pick it up.

Hope you are having a blast with the kids and grandkids.....lucky you. Ever want to send one my way for a week or two, just let me know, LOL! YK

Thanks for the credit but its all yours. A sad sideline--I cant remember how to get the rest of the images I ahve that was saved on the computer to the photo bucket account. I need reteaching ;-))

• Remember to give me the heads up on the next Warner sale!:wink_smile:

They have one going on now. Ill have to check to see what this oen is but I THINK its a 30% off election sale?? Ill have to check my email then get back here.

Just found it--its a fall back savings the daylight savings time thing--and says you can save upm to 60% off on select titles.

Their site is: http://www.warnerbrothers.com and let me know if you wanna order any?