Will someone please explain these a bit for me?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,029 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I see many here know of movies being released by Olive Films -- which I had never heard fo before I saw a posting by Peter--as well as (just today) hearing about a place called: Twilight Time.

What I need to know are:

1) Where do you order these from?
    2) Their respective websites please.
    3) Quality of their releases.
    4) A list of their movies released and or are about to be released.

And I THOUGHT I was a movies buff??? some of ya are putting me to shame. ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Olive Films -- I order them from whatever retailer has the cheapest price. :) Go to http://dvdpricesearch.com, put in the title, click on "go" and a comparison chart of retailers and prices will come up.

Twilight Time discs can only be ordered through Screen Archives -- http://screenarchives.com/

Thank you Paula--I greatly appreciate this. Hoping a huge can of DvD worms has opened up for me ;-))

• Thank you Paula--I greatly appreciate this. Hoping a huge can of DvD worms has opened up for me ;-))

Carl, Paula beaten me to it as usual!
    Screen archives entertainment is a good place if you want one stop shopping.
    Not only are they the official site of the Twilight time releases but they've just started selling Olive films releases and Warner archives!
    Here's to you opening a huge can of cinematic worms!:wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Screen Archives is pricey. It's the only place to get the Twilight Times discs but with Olive releases, I really really recommend going to dvdpricesearch.com and looking at the comparison charts. Amazon, DeepdiscountDVD, DVDPlanet, DVDempire, buy.com, walmart.com, cduniverse -- these are the usual places at dvdpricesearch.com. I've bought from them all without any problem.

There is one thing that does make Screen Archives a good place to have a look even if you end up buying somewhere else, and that is -- they have separate sections for each film distributer, i.e., Warner Archive, Olive, Twilight Time, Sony, Shout! Factory, etc., etc. It's an easy way to look up what each company is offering. Of course you can go to their individual websites too.

• I've been using DVDPriceSearch.com for over 14 years now, and though I think it's still the best, it's not as good as it use to be for the reasons Paula commented on. This search is limited to only a few online stores and not all like it use to. But it is better than anything out there that I know of. Was not familar with Screen Archives. Good to know for cross reference.

I also get the DVD Talk Newsletter for my info for uncoming releases and reviews. Not as good as it use to be, but did add Blu-Ray in this site.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Carl, Paula beaten me to it as usual!
    Screen archives entertainment is a good place if you want one stop shopping.
    Not only are they the official site of the Twilight time releases but they've just started selling Olive films releases and Warner archives!
    Here's to you opening a huge can of cinematic worms!:wink_smile:

The worms has been let out ;-)) I did notice that on many titles I saw in the Olive Films as well as on the other site-ARE Warner Bros Archive Movies. WB sells them from $1-to $2 or so cheaper. Lots of other movies on these sites of interest though and I do greatly appreciate the heads-up on them. Im all but done with DDDvD.com. Their Customer service sucks and you dont save much either ANNNNNNND--them shipping movies in cheap plastic wrappings instead of a box--really bites the big cohuna.

• Screen Archives is pricey. It's the only place to get the Twilight Times discs but with Olive releases, I really really recommend going to dvdpricesearch.com and looking at the comparison charts. Amazon, DeepdiscountDVD, DVDPlanet, DVDempire, buy.com, walmart.com, cduniverse -- these are the usual places at dvdpricesearch.com. I've bought from them all without any problem.

There is one thing that does make Screen Archives a good place to have a look even if you end up buying somewhere else, and that is -- they have separate sections for each film distributer, i.e., Warner Archive, Olive, Twilight Time, Sony, Shout! Factory, etc., etc. It's an easy way to look up what each company is offering. Of course you can go to their individual websites too.

Mucho Dankes. Thanks to you I have a few sites saved and will be looking through them, ;-))