There are 35 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 16,002 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, Dobe was left out of the "In Memoriam" tribute at this year's awards. Just as I knew he would be.

That's absolute GARBAGE.

They included a film critic, but not one of the last surviving members of one of film's greatest director's stock company.

List a film critic and an unknown exec, but not Dobe.

It figures, but it stinks.

• Hi

Argo best picture perhaps the same people who voted at the BAFTA's voted at the Oscars.

I havent seen either Argo, Les Mis or Lincoln.
    I think I'll wait for them to come on the box.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Oscars In Memoriam: Who Was Snubbed?

Where were Andy Griffith, Larry Hagman, and other important Hollywood figures snubbed from this year’s Oscars ‘In Memoriam’ reel tonight? The annual segment paid tribute to dozens of the stars and filmmakers who passed away in the last year, including Ernest Borgnine, Michael Clarke Duncan, Best Costume Oscar nominee Eiko Ishioka, Ray Bradbury, Richard D. Zanuck, and even Beastie Boy/Oscilloscope exec Adam Yauch. But they couldn’t squeeze in everyone. So the Academy posted a supplementary online gallery to cover its bases with a slideshow honoring those who didn’t make the telecast. Over 100 departed talents who passed away in the last year including Hagman, Griffith, Harry Carey Jr, Ann Rutherford, David R. Ellis, Nagisa Oshima, Donna Summer, Susan Tyrrell, Alex Karras, director Mel Stuart and Gore Vidal earned non-broadcast mentions. Yet there were even more snubs: Actress Phyllis Diller, Native American icon Russell Means, actress Lupe Ontiveros, actor Robin Sachs, actor Sherman Hemsley, puppeteer Jerry Nelson and actor Conrad Bain didn’t warrant mentions in the Academy’s online gallery. Who else missed the cut?

http://oscar.go.com/photos/85th/show/in-memoriam-2012

• Actually they should have had Streisand sing to the montage of those that passed. That would have given more time to the tribute.

• I agree with Alamo. There should have been longer tributes to those who passed instead of watching Babs burble away. Complete failure and sensibility on behalf of the producers.
    Also didn't care for the First Lady's appearance. Guess George Clooney got payback for all the stumping he did for her husband. It also makes me think that someone may have leaked the winner to set up the communications.

By the by, after looking at my predictions I understand why I don't bet on horse races.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Also snubbed were folks like: Andy griffith and such. What I really hate--is that seth mcfarlane is now the emcee--I cant stand that leftist trip of a so called being.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• This concerns the 2017 Oscars, ( didn't want to start a new thread)

This year, honorary Oscars, to be presented at a dinner on November 11, will go to independent filmmaker Charles Burnett (Killer Of Sheep), cinematographer Owen Roizman (The French Connection), actor Donald Sutherland (Klute) and writer-director Agnes Varda (Cleo From 5 To 7).

I don't think Donald Sutherland deserves an Oscar.