There are 35 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 16,004 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi

I think you're right, but according to the critics over this side the film is very long and wordy but although I haven't seen it I believe Daniel Day Lewis gives a fantastic performance.
    Les Miserables (or the glums as it is called here) is also overlong and almost entirely singing, some of the film especially the docking sequence was shot in Portsmouth Dockyard.

regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I have seen Lincoln and Les Miserables and I do think Lincoln will clean up -- it's pure Oscar bait. It also happens to be a fabulous film so for the first time in the longest time I think the film that will win also deserves to win. Daniel Day Lewis is incredible.

Les Miserables is a slog but then I never liked that musical -- however Tom Hooper's leaden direction did not help. I can't believe he got a nomination for direction. I saw it mainly because I adore Hugh Jackman (I've seen him live several times and he's even better in the theater -- film doesn't really capture his electrifying on-stage presence) though I have to admit Hugh does NOT have the right voice for Valjean and he really struggles with a lot of the singing. ;(

• I'll take a shot at it. I think these are the winners, but they are not necessarily my choices.
    Best Picture - "Lincoln"
    Actor - Daniel Day Lewis
    Actress - Jessica Chastain
    Director - Stephen Spielberg
    Sup. Actor - Tommy Lee Jones
    Sup. Actress- Ann Hathaway

We deal in lead, friend.

• Though I have yet to see Lincoln, I too think it should deserve the top awards based on the reviews ive read. None fo the rest deserve more than a lung biscuit.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I'll go with:
    Best Picture - Les Miserables
    Actor - Daniel Day Lewis
    Actress - Jessica Chastain
    Director - Stephen Spielberg
    Sup. Actor - Christophe Walz
    Sup. Actress- Sally Field

I think "serious" musicals have always struck a cord with the academy voters, so I think it'll be a split with Lincoln getting best director, but LM getting best pic.

• Ben Affleck won the Directors Guild Award. Traditionally who wins the DGA wins the Oscar but he isn't nominated. They have been saying for some time ARGO is the front runner to win best picture. I lined ARGO but it's not as good as Lincoln.

• Hi

Just had the BAFTAs last night Daniel Day Lewis won Best Actor for Lincoln, Anne Hathaway Best Supporting Actress for the Glums, Ben Afleck Best Director for Argo and Best Picture went also to Argo perhaps a pointer for two weeks time.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Roger Deakins won the American Society of Cinematographers Award last night for Skyfall. He's been nominated for 11 Oscars and never won. I hope he does this year.