3:10 to Yuma (2007)

There are 113 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 46,728 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I plan on seeing this but I am wanting to find out more about the profanity. How profane is this movie?

Sadly not enough. Crowe's movies are too commercial, especially if they are directed by Ron Howard. Cinderella Man was just a poor man's Raging Bull.

• My wife and I went to see and I liked it, but I think I need to see it again. Then I will be able to make a more firm decision. My wife loved it and she only went because I wanted to go.

And I agree, the only negative was there was a few f-bombs that were completely not needed.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I must have very insensitive ears, because I didn't pick up any of the cuss words. I tend to notice them when they are in every sentence, but not in a scene or two. So I guess there can't be much profanity in this film if I missed it. Don't let a little profanity stop you from seeing this film, Lt. Brannigan. It's a "must see" for any western fan. Especially with so little westerns being put out these days. Maybe if we all go to see it, the studios will see that there is still a large audience wanting to see westerns and they may keep them coming. :teeth_smile: Just a thought, what do I know. :stunned:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• From a web site I sometimes check, to see if my kids should be watching something (www.kids-in-mind.com) is the following summary of the profanity in the movie -

2 F-words, 2 sexual remarks, 8 scatological references, 6 anatomical references, 18 mild obscenities, name-calling, 5 derogatory references to minorities (mainly African Americans and Chinese Americans), 7 religious profanities, 1 religious exclamation.

And in case you are wondering what they mean, here is their "profanity glossary" -

BTW, we haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't comment yet, although I am looking forward to seeing it, in spite of the profanity.
    Mrs. C :angel1:

• Two F-words in a movie is nothing. I wouldn't ever be put off from seeing a movie by swearing. Besides, these are cowboys so they would swear. It's a shame that Russell Crowe has not enjoyed the non-mainstream success of Mickey Rourke.

• Alright, here is a question about this movie. Should I watch the original movie with Glen Ford first or does it matter? I haven't seen either movie yet, heck, I haven't got the first one yet. I look forward to seeing this even if I have to travel a little to get there (not at the local movie house).

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hey Hondo,

They're two completely different movies. Same plot based on the same short story, but two completly different takes on that plot. Both are good, but I like the new one a little more...it's more of an action movie. The old one is more of a psycholgical western, "High Noon" style, with lots of talk, but it's good.

Since they're so different, one doesn't take anything away from the other. Hope that made sense.

:beer:

• Personally I wouldn't bother with the original, which is a very dated, low budget movie with far too much talk. It was only the performances by Glenn Ford and Van Heflin that kept the thing together. The remake is by far the best version.

• The movie was downright dull, nothing to keep my interest, nothing to remember

I don't believe in surrenders.

• DULL? are you talking about the remake? this film was action from begining to end.:ohmy:

Yes, the remake, unfortunately I haven't seen the original. Action for action's sake is boring. I didn't feel anything for the characters, the storytelling was incoherent in the beginning and the ending was too impossible

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Sorry to hear that you didn't like the remake etsija. My wife and I thought it was a good movie and I saw the original many times as well. If you didn't like the remake don't watch the original because it is very slow moving with alo of talking as some others here have already stated. The story lines are very similar but less action. You will probably not like that one as well.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I've always thought it was dumb to remake good films. Rmeake films that were a good idea but didn't quite work. South Pacific was a lousy film of a great play. Back in the 50's they couldn't deal with racism the way they could today.