Hell on Wheels (2011-2016)

There are 55 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 30,904 times. The latest Post () was by alamo221.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Yes, they have horses. Keith. lol It's a little more violent than the old westerns, but not to any severe degree.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Yes, they have horses. Keith. lol It's a little more violent than the old westerns, but not to any severe degree.

Mark

OK, now I understand, Mark, THANKS. Think I can handle the violence......used to help out in the Emergency Room on Friday and Saturday nights......before I had to take them to ICU/CCU where I normally worked, LOL! Really makes your day when you pull a sheet down to check an identity and find a head sitting NEXT TO a shoulder! HAGO, KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• ‘Hell On Wheels’ Stops Production, Set Evacuated As Rain, Flooding Hit Calgary

An epic rainstorm that has forced mandatory evacuations in many riverside Calgary communities in Canada also is threatening the set of AMC‘s period Western drama Hell On Wheels, which films there. The set of the show is located near the Bow and Highwood rivers, both of which have breached their banks. Facing rising waters, I’ve learned that the producers today made the decision to evacuate the set, with the crew and equipment moved to higher ground.

Production was stopped in the middle of shooting episode 306. For now, the stoppage is planned for two days but there is discussion to possibly restart filming after the show’s scheduled hiatus, which begins next Thursday. That may be the only option if the set gets damaged by floods and needs to be repaired. For now, the set has not been affected though the main road leading to it is under water.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/0…ain-flooding-hit-calgary/

• Looks like the rains are falling in Canada. Seen cities going through evacuations as well with the rivers over flowing their banks. Hope they are able to return soon. Can't tell if I like this series or not. Liked the first season, but the second season didn't seem as good to me. Did like the season finale, though sad to see the murder of Lily Bell. So I am giving this another season to see where this goes. A lot of loose strings out there for sure. Of course I really like Colm Meaney and his character. Hope they are all alright.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The city of Calgary, Alberta has been hit hard by the flooding. The area where they hold their annual Calgary Stampede rodeo is all under water and the Calgary Saddledome, where the Flames NHL team plays is flooded inside up to the 8th row of the lower bowl, 15ft of water. An official said that if one of the hockey players took the ice right now, he'd be far under water.

• Yes, it was good and keeps me hooked. I watched all of season 2 last weekend to catch back up.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• This show has definitely improved. I stuck with the first two seasons because, well, it was a Western.
    Now the characters are more sharply defined and some of their dry comments are worthy of some of Duke's later films. The violence is pretty intense though - in the last episode, I lost count of the scalps taken.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Thanks to may2, initially,
    I have now created a review thread for this series,
    and have copied all posts over to here.
    However, may's original thread, remains intact

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 3 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Last night I finally finished watching Season 1 of Hell On Wheels. Really like that show. Also watched one of the extras in the set. It was "behind the scenes" and was about 20 minutes of someone shooting home video of the crew setting up and in some instances shooting scenes. Kind of interesting to see what they do in making the series. Sort of taking a step back and seeing the entire picture, if you will.

• AMC’s ‘Hell On Wheels’ Renewed For Fourth Season With 13-Episode Order

Being sent to Saturday nights doesn’t necessarily mean a death sentence. AMC drama Hell On Wheels proved it with its recent third season and is now being picked up for a fourth, which will consist of 13 episodes vs. 10 for the series’ first three cycles. Hell On Wheels will return next summer with John Wirth, who took over the show after Season 2, back as executive producer/showrunner.

AMC opened a third night of original programming this past summer when it opted to move period Western Hell On Wheels from the network’s signature original programming Sunday lineup to Saturdays. Airing with a 15-hour compatible lead-in, as AMC airs Western features and shows all day long on Saturday, Hell On Wheels delivered 3.3 million viewers in Live+3 for Season 3, slightly higher than its Season 2 average on Sunday and doubling AMC’s Saturday night prime audience. “John Wirth and his team on both sides of the camera delivered a remarkable third season and Hell On Wheels fans responded,” said AMC president Charlie Collier. “AMC has served passionate Western fans for three decades, so it is particularly gratifying to see these viewers capping off their Saturdays with an original Western on what has historically been a tough night of the week for television.” HOW, from Entertainment One and Nomadic Pictures, is exec produced by Wirth, Mark Richard and Endemol Studios’ Gold, with eOne’s John Morayniss and Michael Rosenberg and Nomadic’s Mike Frislev and Chad Oakes overseeing production. There is no decision yet on AMC’s low rated freshman Low Winter Sun.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/1…enewed-fourth-season-amc/

• AMC’s ‘Hell On Wheels’ Renewed For Fourth Season With 13-Episode Order

Being sent to Saturday nights doesn’t necessarily mean a death sentence. AMC drama Hell On Wheels proved it with its recent third season and is now being picked up for a fourth, which will consist of 13 episodes vs. 10 for the series’ first three cycles. Hell On Wheels will return next summer with John Wirth, who took over the show after Season 2, back as executive producer/showrunner.

AMC opened a third night of original programming this past summer when it opted to move period Western Hell On Wheels from the network’s signature original programming Sunday lineup to Saturdays. Airing with a 15-hour compatible lead-in, as AMC airs Western features and shows all day long on Saturday, Hell On Wheels delivered 3.3 million viewers in Live+3 for Season 3, slightly higher than its Season 2 average on Sunday and doubling AMC’s Saturday night prime audience. “John Wirth and his team on both sides of the camera delivered a remarkable third season and Hell On Wheels fans responded,” said AMC president Charlie Collier. “AMC has served passionate Western fans for three decades, so it is particularly gratifying to see these viewers capping off their Saturdays with an original Western on what has historically been a tough night of the week for television.” HOW, from Entertainment One and Nomadic Pictures, is exec produced by Wirth, Mark Richard and Endemol Studios’ Gold, with eOne’s John Morayniss and Michael Rosenberg and Nomadic’s Mike Frislev and Chad Oakes overseeing production. There is no decision yet on AMC’s low rated freshman Low Winter Sun.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/1…enewed-fourth-season-amc/