John Wayne Mentioned . . .

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,678 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• If someone has already posted this, please accept my apologies (I tried searching for it and didn't find it). I just learned of the video today, I guess it was posted by the Richard Nixon Foundation on YT less than a month ago. VERY moving . . .

John Wayne is mentioned right after the 3 minute mark.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Hi Sue,
    There are some videos out there of the POW Homecoming in 1973, and many of them do have John Wayne in them. Many of the clips do not have sound, but fortunately, one of them, which shows John Wayne on stage giving a short speech, does have sound. They are difficult to find, but they are out there. Say howdy to Jim for me.
    Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Hi Sue,
    There are some videos out there of the POW Homecoming in 1973, and many of them do have John Wayne in them. Many of the clips do not have sound, but fortunately, one of them, which shows John Wayne on stage giving a short speech, does have sound. They are difficult to find, but they are out there.

Bob,

Wow, it would be wonderful to see footage from the original gathering in '73. I'm glad to hear that some clips with sound still exist. That really was quite an historical event, as it seems there has never been anything like it since then (that was surprising to learn). This reunion video really choked me up. It's nice that the usually lame-stream media actually covered it.

Jim says "Howdy!"

Mrs. C :angel1: