"Pretty Red Wings"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by richardnj908.

• "Pretty Red Wings"

I'm old, so my memory might be fooling me, but I seem to recall Duke singing "Pretty Red Wings" in two or three movies. I've searched elsewhere, but found nothing. Recently, I watched "War of the Wildcats" ( aka "In Old Oklahoma" ), and he sang it about three times! I was thrilled. Does anyone know of any other movies he sings it in? I always had the impression that he liked that tune.
    • Re: "Pretty Red Wings"

richardnj908 wrote:

I'm old, so my memory might be fooling me, but I seem to recall Duke singing "Pretty Red Wings" in two or three movies. I've searched elsewhere, but found nothing. Recently, I watched "War of the Wildcats" ( aka "In Old Oklahoma" ), and he sang it about three times! I was thrilled. Does anyone know of any other movies he sings it in? I always had the impression that he liked that tune.

Hi Richard,

the only other movie was

The Comancheros (1961) = “Redwing” (sung by Wayne himself)

Please also see

Duke Singing in the Movies
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England