The Magic of the Silver Screen Cowboy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ethanedwards.

• The Magic of the Silver Screen Cowboy

Little One added a new article:

The Magic of the Silver Screen Cowboy

Little One

Blog-Article

Those first stirring notes of music. That familiar name in large letters. A few hoofbeats announcing that the magic is beginning. And just like that, we are catapulted back to the familiar sensations and memories of our youth. Our hero is riding the range again. He rides for truth. He rides for justice. And we ride with him.

I don’t know about you folks, but a part of me has never grown up. I still thrill to those hoofbeats and root my cowboy hero on to victory. As I see him battle the latest group of badmen in town or try to halt a stampede, I feel sure that my cheering is just what he needs in order to defeat the outlaws and restore justice. But deep down inside I am comforted by the knowledge that my hero can never be defeated. Sooner or later, he’ll come out on top.

That’s the magic of the silver screen cowboy, I think. As children we all had heroes who seemed invincible to us. Think about it. I’m sure all of you have a long list of heroes: your dad, a grandparent, a historical figure who did amazing things, that person in your neighborhood who knew just the right advice to give you and example to set. That person your young mind looked up to and said, “When I grow up, I want to be just like them.” Our heroes made us feel safe. They taught us to know right from wrong and what was really important. And we believed every word they said. Because they were our heroes.

Our cowboy heroes took us back to a simpler time.…
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." (Jim Elliot)
    • In my eyes, you're not living if you don't hold on to some piece of your childhood that remembers how to embrace that vast world of wonderment that fed our imaginations when everything was new. Charm in the simple things is a lost art. It's not always about the next idea but the best ideas that resonate.
    • I got to shake Roy's hand at the museum in 1994. I couldn't, speak. I just shook his had and stood there.
      Fortunately there many of us there to watch aNashville news TV recording.
      His hand was rough like a corn cob with no kernels on it. Roy was my favorite also.
      "A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower
    • I got to shake Roy's hand at the museum in 1994. I couldn't, speak. I just shook his had and stood there.
      Fortunately there many of us there to watch aNashville news TV recording.
      His hand was rough like a corn cob with no kernels on it. Roy was my favorite also.
      "A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower
    • Roy was over in England in the 50's on a theatre tour.
      I got to get up on stage with him, sat on Trigger,
      Roy and Dale Evans made me relaxed and welcome.
      They gave me as a gift, a brand spanking new, blue replica Lone Star six-gun.
      Boy was I a proud little boy!!!!!!
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England