Duke's Movie Soundtracks

There are 82 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 84,919 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• DUKE'S MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS

in alphabetical order

2006 The Alamo A musical tribute to John Wayne's epic film by Mike Boldt
    1960 The Alamo (Complete) - Dimitri Tiomkin - soundtrack (3CD)
    1960 The Alamo Film Soundtrack on original Album
    2004 The Alamo The essential film collection by Dimitri Tiompkin 4 disc set CD
    1977 America the Good Things and on America why I love her
    1971 American West of John Ford (aka The Great…) audio of John Wayne section only
    1958 Barbarian and the Geisha original soundtrack
    1971 Big Jake original soundtrack
    1975 Brannigan original soundtrack
    1966 Cast A Giant Shadow original soundtrack
    1964 Circus World original soundtrack
    ???? The Comancheros, The original soundtrack
    1972 The Cowboys, the Original Soundtrack
    1994 Digital Premiere Recordings From the Films of John Wayne 2 discs CD
    1976 Don Aly (celebrity impressionist) interview with John Wayne
    1976 Don Aly (celebrity impressionist) phone messages
    2007 Duke a tribute by Bob Tuttle
    ???? El Dorado original soundtrack
    1973 Face the Flag and on America why I love her CD
    1965 Greatest Story Ever Told original soundtrack
    1968 The Green Berets original soundtrack
    1962 Hatari! Original Soundtrack
    2012 Hatari!
    1959 The Horse Soldiers and Duel at diablo original soundtrack
    1962 How The West Was Won Film Soundtrack on original album
    1979 I Have Faith 45" record
    1965 In Harm's Way Original Soundtrack
    1953 Island In The Sky Original Soundtrack (JW narrates)
    2012 Island in the Sky Digitally re-mastered
    1973 John Wayne America Why I love her
    2006 John Wayne American (Showbiz football team)
    2006 John Wayne film themes45 great themes by some of Hollywood's greatest composers
    2005 John Wayne quotes from various movies
    2006 John Wayne Tribute to a legend by Bob Tuttle
    1992 John Wayne, The Duke In His Own Words, Audio book. Written and produced by Leonard Brideau
    ...... (2 CDs) 110 minutes
    200 John Wayne, Tribute to an American by Bob Tuttle and on CD 42
    1978 John Wayne's last recorded interview with Bill Kelly August 1978 Parts 1 & 2 (part 1 only on CD )
    1968 Laugh in, Shoot First (audio only)
    1972 Laugh in, The sky (audio only)
    1957 Legend Of The Lost 45rpm original soundtrack
    1973 Let America Ring (The people (from America why I love her) by another name!) and on America why I ........love her
    1962 The Longest Day, The original soundtrack
    1963 McLintock original soundtrack
    1974 McQ original soundtrack
    1997 Music by Max Steiner The Searchers and Searchers pursued
    1966 New First Family, the, 1968: A futuristic fairy tale on original album (JW Caricature ob cover)
    1973 Pledge of Allegiance, the and on America why I love her CD
    1952 The Quiet Man Themes and songs from, Dublin screen orchestra
    1952 The Quiet Man, Themes and Songs from (10” Decca LP) with Bing Crosby and "The Wild Colonial Boy" ........performed by John Wayne et al
    1948 Red River original soundtrack
    1950 Rio Grande original soundtrack
    1971 Rio Lobo original soundtrack
    1949 Sands of Iwo Jima original soundtrack
    2012 Sands of Iwo JimaDigitally remastered
    1956 The Searchers, original soundtrack
    1996 Shoot ‘Em Ups! Music From The Classic Republic Westerns
    1976 The Shootist JW sings a few bars of "Willow Tit Willow." from Mikado (Gilbert and Sullivan)
    1965 Sons of Katie Elder original soundtrack
    1939 Stagecoach original soundtrack
    2005 Themes and Songs from the Western films of John Wayne
    1995 Tribute to John Wayne, American by Tom Hartman
    2006 True Grit complete score, special limited collectors edition of 3000
    1969 True Grit Demo 45" record
    1969 True Grit Film Soundtrack on original album
    1994 True Grit Music from the classic films of John Wayne
    1969 The Undefeated original soundtrack (includes tracks from Hombre)
    1965 Up with People! On original album (JW endorsement on cover)
    1967 The War Wagon - Dimitri Tiomkin - soundtrack (CD)
    2007 Walk With Him

Copyright-©dukewayne.com.2012

Thanks to Elly and other members for there sterling efforts,
    I am now able to post this, the most up-to-date list
    of Duke's Movie Soundtracks, so far posted.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 29 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• I found this today on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/John-Way…sic&qid=1257978590&sr=1-1

This 10 CD Collection "John Wayne´s West in Music and Poster art" is produced by the German label Bear Family and sounds very interesting for us fans! It offers 10 soundtrack CDs and one DVD with Trailers to John Wayne movies and behind the scenes material. And there should be a book included in this collection! Maybe You like to have a look at this item...

I ordered my box set at amazon.de in Germany, because here in Euro instead of Dollars the set is cheaper and I live at the moment in Germany:
    http://www.amazon.de/John-Wayn…sic&qid=1257979246&sr=1-1
    I am looking forward to receive it and I hope it will be real great!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

Edited once, last by Dukesfan ().

• i have to say dustin hoffman and the cast of the texas rangers the 2001 film.perkins and all the bad actors that try to make a western.

• I agree, it looks expensive, although the price in Euro is cheaper... But there are 10 CDs in the Box and one DVD and a book, so I will have a look at it. I hope it is worth all the money!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Can someone tell me just what is on the CD's? I cannot find anything that tells me this? I will have to see it to tell. If it is a reproduction of original music it may be ok but if it is something like the Prague Symphony Orchestra then I am not interested in this. Anybody know?

• Well I finally found out that this is the reproduction of a lot of John Wayne's westerns. It just came up on eBay. The number is 280422752446. It looks pretty good. I just have to hint for Christmas.

• wbbison,

Wow! Your resourcefulness has resulted in some excellent information. Thank you SO much!

Since the auction link will expire, rather than posting that link, I am instead copying and pasting all the information from the auction regarding the set. Pricey? Yes. An amazing collection of material in one neat package? Absolutely! Do I expect to own one soon? :))):

I would be very interested in hearing Elly's and Colorado Bob's opinion of what is being offered. What I see is much of the music already available on soundtrack albums from different movies, but also music from some of Duke's older movies (see CDs 8 and 9 for more info), that is otherwise only available by popping in the movie itself. The DVD appears to be a compilation of special features from a number of DVDs, all in one place.

• I found a link (here: http://www.systemrecords.co.uk…sic-poster-p-1017829.html) that tells essentially the same thing about this set. I agree, it's pretty expensive, but I think I would like to someday have a copy. I already have a lot of the music on the various soundtracks in my collection, but there are still some that I don't have. I do wonder though, if some of these were simply lifted from the films themselves, and thus contain dialog as well. I'd rather have a "clean" version of the music. The book looks pretty interesting as well, especially if it has all the posters, lobby cards, etc that the ad claims it has. I guess I'll have to start playing the lottery though if I ever hope to be able to afford this collection!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• If I win the big one, you'll be the first to know, and free CDs for everyone! (If I win of course!)

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• dukeuk,

Thank you so much for your input on this subject!

Having learned more about the exact content of the set (thanks again to wbbison for sending us in the right direction!), I would agree with you that the set is not necessarily overpriced. I also appreciate Colorado Bob's remarks, since he is an avid collector of audio of John Wayne; if it's something he wants, that says a lot to me. As worth the price as I suspect it is, it is still rather expensive for most of us. That being said - like Bob, I think it is something I would someday like to own. But right now, I have to consider how many groceries $289 would buy for the family.

Just curious - are you affiliated with Bear Family Records? Maybe you could tell us a little more about the making of this set, and your part in it. I suspect it was a long time in the making. Also, if you are able, could you speak to Bob's question about whether the music from some of the older films is a a 'clean' recording or simply taken from the movie audio?

Chester :newyear: