Duke's Movie Soundtracks

There are 82 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 84,952 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Duke Pilgrim.
    I notice this CD is available from play.com John Wayne & John Ford Western CD
    http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4…html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0

Mike

Not many tracks, but not a bad price for them.

Track List
    1. Stagecoach - Richard Hageman
    2. Fort Apache - Richard Hageman
    3. Three Godfathers - Richard Hageman
    4. She Wore A Yellow Ribbon - Richard Hageman
    5. Rio Grande - Victor Young
    6. The Searchers (Ride Away) - Danny Knight
    7. Horse Soldiers - David Buttolph

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 3 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Got my copy. Like you Arthur, I already had a number of the tracks but I was pleasantly surprised that CD had more tracks than I expected especially as I bought it for Horse Soldiers. Full track listing attached.

1. Stagecoach~Main Theme 2. Fort Apache~Main Theme 3. Fort Apache~Sweet Genevieve 4. Three Godfathers~Main Theme 5. Three Godfathers~Beautiful River (Shall We Gather by the River) 6. She Wore a Yellow Ribbon~Main Theme 7. Rio Grande~Main Theme 8. Rio Grande~Yellow Stripes 9. Rio Grande~I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen 10. Rio Grande~Dispossesed 11. Rio Grande~Cattle Call 12. Rio Grande~Aha, San Antone 13. Rio Grande~Reunion 14. Rio Grande~Indian Raid / Escape 15. Rio Grande~Eerie Canal 16. Rio Grande~Laundresses' Row 17. Rio Grande~My Gal Is Purple 18. Rio Grande~Down by the Glen Side 19. Rio Grande~Footsore Cavalry 20. Rio Grande~Tyree Meets the Wagon Train / Indian Attack 21. Rio Grande~Coming Home 22. Rio Grande~Dixie 23. The Searchers~The Searchers (Ride Away) 24. Horse Soldiers~Dixie 25. Horse Soldiers~I Left My Love 26. Horse Soldiers~Lorena 27. Horse Soldiers~Bonnie Blue Flag 28. Horse Soldiers~I Left My Love 29. Horse Soldiers~When Johnny Comes Marching Home 30. Horse Soldiers~Bonnie Blue Flag 31. Horse Soldiers~The Girl I Left Behind 32. Horse Soldiers~Deep River / Lorena 33. Horse Soldiers~Kingdom Coming 34. Horse Soldiers~Tenting Tonight 35. Horse Soldiers~By The Campfire 36. Horse Soldiers~When Johnny Comes Marching Home

• I don't suppose anyone has any idea where I can find the soundtrack for The Shootist? Not the "Digital Premiere Recordings" CD, which features a few songs from The Shootist, but the actual soundtrack. I remember seeing it mentioned once several years ago, but have not been able to find it again, and also not able to locate a copy of this soundtrack.

It seems to me that there are several John Wayne films that had wonderful soundtracks, but they have never been put out on LP or CD. Films like Chisum, Cahill, Stagecoach, Hondo, and several others. All of these films have great musical scores, but alas, no soundtrack CD or LP.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• A few days ago I bought the new 3CD Soundtrack Collection from John Wayne´s The Alamo! It is new record done by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra (O.K. some people don´t like that, but I do) and they have done a great job of recording the complete score. It is real great to listen to, almost like a symphony!

You can find this collection here

http://www.soundtrackcorner.de…c19497f360b36ef858ae86b4c

They will release the soundtrack of Legend of the Lost in a very limited edition soon! I have ordered one now for me.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Sorry for the double-post, but I wanted to tell You all this:

I received my Legend of the Lost Soundtrack CD this morning! And, surprisingly, it is NOT done by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, it is the Original Score! The CD is limited to 1000 copies worldwide, so I think every fan who is interested should buy it soon.

You can find it here:

http://www.soundtrackcorner.de/legend-of-the-lost-p4071.htm

• I too have received mine. I unwrapped it and saw two cd's. One with Legend of the Lost and another one that showed The Last Man On Earth. I played them both and they are the same. They sent them this way because they went with the wrong art work. I wonder? Does that mean they have 2000 instead of 1000?

• I received the same - two CDs, one with the wrong print. So I think, they have 2000 now...CRAZY! - But the CD is great.

I ordered the Soundtrack from Hellfighters today (and the new Soundtrack album of the TV-Show JAG, but that´s nothing related to the Duke...).

There is some great music in that movie

I think so, although the music sounds a little different from other typical John Wayne movie scores. And I like Hellfighters! It is a great John Wayne movie...

• I´ve got "The restless Kid" on CD!

You can find the CD here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Rio-Brav…sic&qid=1277112840&sr=1-1

The running time of the CD is only about 25 minutes, but it´s great! You find all the fine songs from Rio Bravo there, sung by Dean Martin & Ricky Nelson and the "De Guello" performed by the Nelson Riddle Orchestra.

"The restless Kid" I think is the same melody as used for the song "Johnny Yuma"...

Edited once, last by Dukesfan ().

• A few days ago I bought the new 3CD Soundtrack Collection from John Wayne´s The Alamo! It is new record done by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra (O.K. some people don´t like that, but I do) and they have done a great job of recording the complete score. It is real great to listen to, almost like a symphony!

Actually, orchestras in foreign countries have been recording scores from many movies and doing a generally great job. Good sound and performance from a solid majority of these efforts!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"