Duke's Movie Soundtracks

There are 82 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 84,935 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• A bunch of us have and agree wholeheartedly with you. It usually sells out rapidly STILL. I play it as background to post music, LOL! Glad you liked it Dukesfan. Do you think you could do me a big favor and put that in the Group Watch. You might look back over it....some good screen catches in it although you might have to go back a few pages. Still have half a month on Hatari. Haven't got to the good stuff really yet. And there are sketch prizes. If you win something and you don't see a sketch you would like, send me the one you want.

HAGO, Keith (or Lady Hawk as Gorch and Dooley have dubbed me, LOL)

Might check out the sketch page....I MAY have found something in the end of THE SHOOTIST that no one has ever seen. OR NOT, LOL!

Sketch page?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Just got word today that the long awaited soundtrack for The Shootist is finally being released. In fact, it was released yesterday April 9, 2013. It is a double album CD, and also contains the soundtrack from The Sons of Katie Elder, a remastered version of the original LP that came out years ago, but with one new addition, the super rare Ernie Sheldon single of the title song. Sheldon was songwriter that penned the song. It was released on a promo 45rpm record when the movie was released, and is extremely rare these days. Here is a link to LaLaLand Records who is putting this CD out:

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Shootist.html

I just ordered mine today, and I cannot wait to listen to it!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Just got word today that the long awaited soundtrack for The Shootist is finally being released. In fact, it was released yesterday April 9, 2013. It is a double album CD, and also contains the soundtrack from The Sons of Katie Elder, a remastered version of the original LP that came out years ago, but with one new addition, the super rare Ernie Sheldon single of the title song. Sheldon was songwriter that penned the song. It was released on a promo 45rpm record when the movie was released, and is extremely rare these days. Here is a link to LaLaLand Records who is putting this CD out:

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Shootist.html

I just ordered mine today, and I cannot wait to listen to it!

Dang it Colorado.......you KNOW how much I love The SHootist,.....no way I can afford that, LOL! Well, I sure hope you enjoy it.......you deserve it!
    KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Dang it Colorado.......you KNOW how much I love The SHootist,.....no way I can afford that, LOL! Well, I sure hope you enjoy it.......you deserve it!
    KEITH

Funny, The Shootist soundtrack being released on Ward's birthday and the landlady was BOND!.....COOL. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Music- My all time favorite is "The Quiet Man". I bought it and love it. It also sparked my love for more Irish music. Hank Locklin was a country singer with a great voice. Hank recorded an Irish album, i wanted it. It cost about $60 alone.
    Our english friends have taken music and put it out inexpensively. I found a hank locklin cd's
    with three of his country albums and the Irish album for $28. This setup was done in England.
    Also I bought the John Wayne Alamo on laser disc had it copied to DVD. The laser disc version is 202 minutes instead of 162 min. put out on now.
    I also bought the laser disc version of "The Quiet Man", i don't even play it, but it has lobby cards for the movie.
    I say hats off to John Ford for the music in his movies, much of it is very good.
    Happy Thanksgiving. 2016

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• I picked up two CDs that are pretty descent but similar - One is " Music from the Westerns of John Wayne and John Ford". The other is "Westerns of John Ford". I was looking for the track off "Yellow Ribbon" and both have it. The first is a single disc, the second two discs. I sure wish though there were modern stereo renditions of the original scores. Some of these are so iconic, but its kind of a bummer to hear them all on mono.

• Cherry Red Records in the U.K. is releasing a 3 CD- box set of Music from the Westerns of John Wayne & John Ford.

A unique presentation. A mixture of diegetic and non-diegetic music from the westerns John Wayne and his mentor, the great film director John Ford made together – from Stagecoach in 1939 through to The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance in 1962, where songs and music from the original scores are blended with recordings made by popular artists (mostly of 1950s vintage, or older) of songs heard in the films. In all, music from eight eternal westerns, a genre which Ford and Wayne both defined and long-dominated

Additional description and track listing are here:

Music From The Westerns Of John Wayne & John Ford: Various Artists, 3CD Boxset - Cherry Red Records