Maureen O'Hara- Biography & Discussion

There are 251 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 271,715 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :wink_smile:

Some time ago, on Facebook, I had hoped, unsuccessfully, a presentation of a photo of the stand-in of Maureen in "The Quiet Man".
    I finally found a photo of Etta Vaughan along with the film crew.
    She is as beautiful as our Maureen ...:wub:

Unconditional's Maureen O'Hara !
    French-English translation: poor !!!
    :blush:

Edited once, last by Romy ().

• [=chester7777;114432]I presume she is the one in the middle, with a shawl over her head.
    So, who is the guy in the back row? :wink_smile:....]

Ah ! Ah ! Ah ! ! ! :nono:

• We posted these shots last August

With kind permission of photographerGary McEwan

If you look in the background you can see one of the female crew
    with the coat over her shoulders no doubt ready to pass to Maureen once the scene was shot.

Is this Maureen or her stand-in Etta??
    or is it Maureen, our friends in Ireland are not sure either!

Personally I think it's Maureen

There are more rare photos from Page 4 here
    Duke's Movie Locations- Ireland

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• WOW, there is Ward on the right and Pappy on the ground with the camera! I think it was her stand-in. But I have a photo program, NOW that my laptop is back, that may be able to tell. Thanks for the pics, Keith. KPKEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Maureen O’Hara fires her assistant, removes power of attorney from her

Aging screen star demands financial details amid elder abuse allegations

By PATRICK COUNIHAN,
    IrishCentral Staff Writer

Published Friday, July 13, 2012, 7:23 AM

Carolyn Murphy and Maureen O`Hara at a recent function at the Eccles Hotel, Glengariff, West Cork, . Picture: Niall Duffy
    Photo by Niall Duffy c/o West Cork Times

Hollywood legend Maureen O’Hara has admitted she is heartbroken after launching a legal battle against her former PA.
    A week after a woman who worked for U2 star Adam Clayton was jailed for seven years for embezzlement; Quiet Man star O’Hara lifted the lid on her own dispute with Carolyn Murphy, her former personal assistant.
    The new dispute comes against a background of reports of elder abuse of O’Hara and a huge blow up between her family and Murphy.
    Speaking at a press conference in a hotel near her West Cork home of Glengarriff, the flame haired beauty, now 91, almost broke down in tears as her legal team confirmed Murphy no longer works for her.
    The conference also heard that Murphy’s power of attorney for the actress has been rescinded.
    O’Hara then made a series of claims against Murphy and confirmed she has launched a full legal battle to secure access to her accounts and all deals involving her image rights and finances over the last three years.
    Accompanied by her grandson Conor Fitzsimons and her New York lawyer Edward Fickless, O’Hara told journalists: “I am heartbroken.”
    The damning statement from Maureen O’Hara, issued for public release at the conference, read:
    “Recent situations, both in my personal life and the Maureen O’Hara Foundation have been the source of various rumors and false information. I therefore requested this press release to set the record straight.
    “I trusted Carolyn Murphy, not only as my personal assistant, but also as my power of attorney for the past six years. I have recently made discoveries that give me grave concern regarding Carolyn Murphy’s handling of my affairs. I am astonished that she ignores pleas to provide the information we need to reconcile financial and personal property audits regarding those years.
    “I recently revoked all aspects of the power of attorney, which I had formerly entrusted to Carolyn, and she is no longer my personal assistant. I also underwent testing to certify my own competence in conducting my affairs, and I am assisted by family members, trusted lawyers and accountants.
    “Regarding the Maureen O’Hara Foundation, while that entity bears my name, I am not personally involved in its management or indeed operations. I am profoundly disappointed at how my original dream has been so distorted. I am praying and seeking guidance as to how I can bless my homeland, and all the Irish children, with the fruit of my artistic labors.
    “I need answers to some disturbing questions because I feel like my trust has been violated. I want to know who holds the rights to my own name, image, likeness, movie memorabilia and signature. As for money and assets, my advisors must be provided the details of all documents and transactions – and there are many – done in my name over these past years.
    “This is a very difficult time for me but in the midst of this turmoil, there is a silver lining – my family, previously isolated from me - is being restored! And for that, I am extremely grateful. As this investigation continues, I am confident my friends and acquaintances from all over will come forward with helpful information. I need your help, and your prayers.

• :wink_smile:

Thank you for that link ...

On "the case", we must let justice do its job and not taking sides too soon ...

• Just shows the type of folks that are around,
    and sometimes just waiting for you to get a little older and maybe
    not quite so with it. They're there waiting in the shadows.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Just shows the type of folks that are around,
    and sometimes just waiting for you to get a little older and maybe
    not quite so with it. They're there waiting in the shadows.

Tell me about it. I have a couple of stories of friends that had visiting "nurses" clean them out.

Chester :newyear:

• Truly sad. It seems she no longer even owns the rights to her image and name because of the deceit? Breaks you hear tto hear stories like this. Sadly, we hear them way to often anymore.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Little bit in Cindy Adams column in this mornings NY Post.

MAUREEN O’Hara. Born Aug. 17, 1920. Redhead long ago movie star. Pictures like “The Quiet Man.” Starred in the Oscar winner “How Green Was My Valley.” Born in Ireland. Lives in Ireland. Loves the wearin’ of the green. Loves the keepin’ of the green, including plenty of money
    She’s 92. Her assistant’s discussing Maureen’s fortune. Her Arizona hairdresser grandson is discussing Maureen’s fortune. If and when her time comes, people are lining up.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesi…xhO4WEB4hKO#ixzz23QOxtCtF