Maureen O'Hara- Biography & Discussion

There are 251 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 271,761 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I would have liked to have seen her in: The Alamo-but not as Captain Dickenson's wife. Maybe the girl dancing on the table :D

That is a vision of exciting possibilities with her flaming red hair swirling and bouncing as she makes her moves.:teeth_smile:
    (I missed this the first time around, apparently!!):headbonk:
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Independence Day. Yeah! John Wayne as the president and O'Hara as the first lady. Picture JW making the Independence Day speech right before the humans kicked alien butt. :)

ET

• I have seen 4 movies with Maureen O´Hara and John Wayne. Unfortunately I never could see "The Wings of Eagles". It is not available as DVD in Europe, only the American version and this one requires a RC-1 DVD player and a NTSC-TV set.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• I don't know if any of you caught it but on Turner Classics this weekend they had an interview of Maureen talking about her first experiences with JW and Ford. She really had a funny story to tell about the Duke.

Seems she was over at Fords house for dinner one night and JW was there. He had had a bit too much and Ford told Maureen to take him home and her wanted it done right then.

She didn't argue. They got Duke in the car and she got headed down the road but then realized she didn't know where he lived.

She did know of the golf clud he was a member of and started driving that direction when all of a sudden Duke yelled to pull over. They went to the front door of this house and Duke rang the bell. When the owner answered Duke walked in and said he wanted a drink and they poured him one. Maureen was horrified as she wasn't sure what the people would think.

Well Duke finished the drink they got back in the car and headed down the road.

How's that for a story?

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• I would have to say Capucine's part in North to Alaska
    and Lauren Bacall's part in The Shootist. I also think
    she would have been good in The Stagecoach.

I won't be wronged-I won"t be insulted-I won't be laid a hand on. :cowboy:

• Hey Cowgirl, I agree with you on the shootist but I have to disagree on north to alaska because that role needed a dark haired girl who didnt speak perfect english and that was Capucine mabey even Sophia Loren

"Fill your hand you son of a b--ch"

• i have to say that Maureen in Liberty Valance--Duke losin her to Jimmy would have been perfect in the funniest way! :hyper:
    i cant even imagine...

• hey guys! i was on Youtube watchin some videos of Hollywoods Golden Couple, john wayne and maureen o'hara and i saw a clip i had a question about. in what movie do actually see them get married??? thanks if you can help

• I think that Duke & Maureen would have been great in Mr Hobbs Takes a Vacation. Duke rarely played the part of a father and husband, but I think this would have worked for Duke, and Maureen can do anything.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Wow, Tbone, what a story! Somehow I missed it when you first posted it.

So they pulled over and he rang the bell at a total stranger's house??

And how did Maureen ever get him home to his house? Did she say?

And she still became friends with him! What a kick!

I think that Duke & Maureen would have been great in Mr Hobbs Takes a Vacation. Duke rarely played the part of a father and husband, but I think this would have worked for Duke, and Maureen can do anything.

You know, we've seen that movie with Jimmy Stewart and Maureen, and I think you're right, Duke could have pulled off that role really well.

How about a remake of Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (originally with Cary Grant and Myrna Loy), with Duke and Maureen? Yeah . . . I can see that one, too.

Chester :newyear:

• It is very much time to resurrect this thread, just in time for Maureen O'Hara's 88th birthday this coming Sunday, August 17th!

If you haven't had opportunity, go back to the first post in this thread and click on the link to a WONDERFUL web site dedicated to Maureen O'Hara!

If you are so inclined, please post a birthday greeting here, to Ms. O'Hara! I will contact June Parker Beck and make her aware of our birthday tribute, and I feel confident she will share the news with the object of our affections, Maureen O'Hara.

And while you're at it, take a "stroll" through the many threads on this forum dedicated to Maureen O'Hara and her films (many thanks to Keith for his hours devoted to setting them up!)

Chester :newyear:

• I hope you have a very Happy Birthday, Maureen O'Hara. 88 years young, and still a beauty to behold!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "