Maureen O'Hara- Biography & Discussion

There are 251 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 271,711 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello everybody. Maureen O'Hara is still one of my favorite actresses from The Golden Age of Hollywood. I thought she was stunning in The Quiet Man, and Miracle on 34th Street is an all time classic. Somehow she has always maintained an air of class and respectability that some of her peers somehow lost along the way.

We currently have two Maureen O' Hara screen worn items available for sale that may be of interest to members here:

Maureen O' Hara's floor length gown worn in "Lady Godiva of Coventry":

And also a riding skirt worn by Maureen O'Hara in "The Rare Breed" with John Wayne:

Please visit our website or click on the links below for any additional information:

http://www.thegoldencloset.com…Code=D0094&Category_Code=

http://www.thegoldencloset.com…Code=W0042&Category_Code=

Feel free to contact me here or via our site with any questions or comments.

Best regards,

TGC

• a riding skirt worn by Maureen O'Hara in "The Rare Breed" with John Wayne

>>>Jimmy Stewart is Maureens co-star -- this movie is not one of the best - for me it is like a too long television-series-western.<<<

[CENTER][/CENTER]

• Hard to believe that this wonderful, beautiful actress is 88 years old.

Thinking of this brings to mind an old wish of mine and that's time travel. Wish I could go back and see people like Maureen, the Duke, Errol Flynn and similar stars when they were in their prime. Getting old is a b_tch. :cry2:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I thought I saw a post a few weeks back that her LA home was for sale. Can someone direct me to it?

Hi May, not sure about her LA home, but take a look at this:-

[extendedmedia]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8c7GBjkkwMY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8c7GBjkkwMY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/extendedmedia]

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• I vaguely remember reading in the mid-sixties that O'Hara and Wayne were to paired up for the movie "Yours, Mine and Ours' which was eventually made with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda, then became the inspiration for 'The Brady Bunch'

Anyone able to clarify this?

• This is a tribute to a great couple who only made five films together. I don't think it was because of any other reason except that they didn't find the right material together, but anyway, this is a series of collections of the best scenes together that sums up a great screen relationship together. This is Maureen and John together. Enjoy!

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Enjoy this with a Nat King Cole music. Run Time - 3:42

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Mike

Thanks for that and all of the others. In a manic moment when the world seems to have gone crazy its nice to just sit for a few moments with good music and good company and just reflect.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• We were watching The King and I (1956) tonight, and in reading IMDb's trivia on the movie, I learned the following . . .

Darryl F. Zanuck first cast Maureen O'Hara as Anna because she was not only gorgeous but had a fine soprano voice and would not have to be dubbed. When Zanuck told her the news, she immediately sent sample recordings of her voice. Richard Rodgers agreed that O'Hara had a great voice but reportedly said, "No pirate queen is going to play my Anna!"

Mrs. C :angel1:

• I've never seen The King & I in its entirity, but if Maureen had be casted in the movie, I'd not only watch it, but I would have purchased it. Oh well, I guess you never know.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote

• She Was John Waynes Equal, they blended so well. I never felt when i see her as wife in McLintck or his partner in any movie that she was a lesser part of the script. She was vivid, audacious, and very easy to look at. I think in real life her and Duke would have made a excellent pair.

• This is dated January 9. Does anyone know anything about this?

http://www.abc15.com/mostpopul…dS59D2CEaO_XrxD8LSFw.cspx

Sheriff's Office authorities have confirmed the identity of a man shot in the chest at the front door of his Scottsdale home Wednesday night.

Authorities said 38-year-old Conor FitzSimons was shot near 136th and Rio Verde drives just before 10 p.m.

The suspect apparently knocked at the victim's door and asked to borrow a cordless phone to make a phone call.

When FitzSimons got the phone and walked back to the door, he was shot by the suspect, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

According to a family friend, the victim is the grandson of Hollywood actress Maureen O'Hara.

When asked about FitzSimmons' relationship with O'Hara, a neighbor, who did not wish to be identified, said, "I had seen her one time in the backyard and you know it was kind of funny."

Jim LeDune of Jiminey Kricket Pest Control said he's known and worked for FitzSimons for 10 years.

Detectives and Scottsdale police surrounded the lavish home for hours.

"I'm just shocked. My heart just goes out to him because he's been a customer and friend for a very long time," said LeDune.

Detectives do not have a description of the armed suspect, but searched a wooded area near the property.

It's unclear whether the shooting was random or if FitzSimons was targeted. He was airlifted to a local hospital in serious condition.

LeDune said FitzSimons recently added a fence to his property following a break-in at his home.

"He had some extra rod iron fence put up," added LeDune who said FitzSimons was well liked. "I don't know that anyone ever disliked him."

FitzSimons, according to LeDune, told him he was about to start working at a North Scottsdale beauty salon.

Edited once, last by may2 ().

• She is one beautiful & talented actress. She made many great films with & without the Duke. She was interviewed on Fox News on Duke's birthday and discussed the fun they had over the years filming the movies, as well as their close friendship.

A Class Act!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Monseur, you are a LuLu!" (The Comancheros)

Edited 2 times, last by Duke_Wayne ().

• wow I wonder what this was all about. I believe I read somewhere that Maureen also lives in Scottsdale