Stranger at My Door (1956)

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,121 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• STRANGER AT MY DOOR

DIRECTED BY WILLIAM WITNEY
    REPUBLIC PICTURES

INFORMATION FROM IMDb

Plot Summary
    Notorious outlaw Clay Anderson and gang rob the town bank and flee in separate directions. Riding hard, Clay's horse goes lame and he is forced to pull-up at a nearby farm. He soon discovers that the place belongs to local preacher Hollis Jarret, his new wife, and a son from a previous marriage. Clay, posing as a weary traveler, tries to insinuate himself into a secure hideout, but the reverend isn't fooled. He agrees to allow Clay to remain at the farm for a few days, but his motive isn't the preservation of his family's safety. Hollis reasons that, with time, patience and a lot of faith, he can convince the outlaw to turn over a new leaf. But Clay's criminal tendencies may run deeper than the preacher had imagined...
    Written by Chris Stone

Cast
    Macdonald Carey ... Hollis Jarret
    Patricia Medina ... Peg Jarret
    Skip Homeier ... Clay Anderson
    Stephen Wootton Stephen Wootton ... 'Dodie' Jarret
    Louis Jean Heydt ... Sheriff John Tatum
    Howard Wright ... 'Doc' Parks
    Slim Pickens ... Ben Silas
    Malcolm Atterbury ... Rev. Hastings
    and many more...

Directed
    William Witney

Writing Credits
    Barry Shipman ... (story)
    Barry Shipman ... (screenplay)

Produced
    Sidney Picker ... associate producer

Music
    R. Dale Butts

Cinematography
    Bud Thackery ... director of photography

Trivia
    unknown

Goofs
    unknown

Memorable Quotes

Filming Locations
    Republic Studios, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 4 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Stranger at My Door is a 1956 American Western film directed by
    William Witney starring Macdonald Carey, Patricia Medina and Skip Homeier

In 1991, a television film also entitled Stranger at My Door was released.
    The 1991 film had nothing in common with the 1956 release other than the title.

User Review

Good Family entertainment .....
    27 October 2006 | by revdrcac (United States)
    MacDonald Carey made several entertaining low budget western films in the 1950's, before gaining lasting fame as the lead on the soap opera "Days of our Lives". In this western with a message, Carey finds himself in a saga of good vs. evil, faith vs. worldliness. An escaping convict and a peaceful minister do battle for the salvation of the felons soul! Both men seem equally sure of their eventual victory.

I enjoyed this film and feel it was well suited to Mr. Carey's abilities. It was also fun to see the casting of Slim Pickens (What would westerns have done without him ?). Even though this storyline was recycled, this one is still very much worth viewing.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 5 times, last by ethanedwards ().