Newbie!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by dukefan1.

• Hello from Kentucky!
      I am so happy to be apart of a great group. John Wayne has always been part of my life, I can't remember a time that he wasn't. Growing up my Daddy never missed a show when he was on. We all would sit around a dream of being somewhere with the Duke. As a Daddy girl, I told him one day when I was old I was going to marry him. Well, I was so upset that I wasn't going to be able to marry my Daddy. I thought about for a min or two and informed Daddy I was going to Marry the Duke!
      John Wayne reminds me so much of my Daddy, he's 84 now. I was so praying I would meet my future husband but, it never happened. This year I traveled to Ireland to walk in John Wayne's shoes. I went to the small town where the quiet man was filmed! One day I hope to make it see other places.
    • Hi @Kysquire welcome to the community!

I would love to one day visit Ireland to visit some of the Quiet Man filming location. You should visit monument valley where Duke filmed many classics!
      Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
      jwayne.com