Wanted: Dead Or Alive Mare's Laig

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,506 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, live and learn. I contacted Eagle Squadron Productions http://www.eaglesquadron.net/ and sent them an e-mail. I don't think I was derogatory. Was I?

Here is the email.

To whom it may concern,

I love what you are doing but unfortunately I cannot afford a Bounty Hunter Special. I'm not interested in a non-firing model. I have thought about making my own by cutting down a Winchester 1892 that I have. But I will need a lever. Can I purchase an early model lever from you? I would also like to be able to purchase a leather rig. Is this possible?

But on another note. These Bounty Hunter Specials are priced way over that many cannot afford. So I have an idea. Diamond Jim Buchanan http://www.wildwestmerchandise.com/ is coming out with a Mare's Leg that is a legal pistol(BATF approved). They are made out of Winchester 94 receivers that he purchased from Winchester.

So is here is my idea. Why can't you contact Rossi http://www.ampro.co.nz/products/rossi/rossi.htm and have them make a Mare's Leg out of their Rossi 92's. Since they are made into pistols at the start they would not need a tax stamp. You could sell them at a price that more people could afford.

For that matter you could contact United States Repeating Arms and have a special run of Bounty Hunter Special II's like Davidsons did with the 1892's. But they would start out as pistols. No paperwork. Even you could own one.

Just a thought.

Thank you,

Frederick L. Serna

Here is the reply.

----- Original Message -----
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 1:32 PM
    Subject: Mare's Laig Rigs

Mr Serna:

Just a thought Steve McQueen and Chuck Connors never had a "Rossi" or a Winchester Model 1894 on their show. The guns they had were authentic Winchesters 1892 produced from 1892-1941.

Since you think that I charge too much for my product consider the fact that I have to pay alot of money to by Orginal '92's, Unfortunately, I do not make Rigs or Finger Levers to sell both pieces would cost you $800.00. There is a lot of work involved in making these by hand. I know Mr. Diamond Jim and if he wants to make Mare's Laigs out of Model 94's that is fine.

Only the puriest collectors purchase my authentic Mare's Laig and Rigs and all of them agree that I am extremely fair on my prices. Each is certified and my customers have no problem paying the A.T.F. tax registration because, they have an authentic real "Mare's Laig."

My profit is very little in the manufacturing in these custom guns. I do it for the pleasure of making the sincerest fans receive what they pay for a Josh Randall gun.

I occasionally get ignorant people that call me on the phone telling me they want to make their own Mare's Laig out of junk guns such as (Rossi's Model '94's).

I am not worried about my loyal customers that know me worldwide as the Mare's Laig authority. So as you can see I do not cater to your $1.98 people who want to believe they can do like I can.

Thank you
    Sincerely,
    Mr. Robert Lanthier

Now I'm PO'd. Fricken jackarse and SNOB. He live's in California and legally can't own a firing model.

• There are many companies making them and all are nice specimens too. I cant stand Rossi but there are still nice. However, Winchester, Henry and several other makers are making them and in several calibers too. You can get them from between $350 to about $700. www.BudsGunShop.com is probably the outfit im going to get mine from or either www.AJCsports.com These two among a few others like Tactical Arms and such--have them at acceptable prices.

Dont know why the Buds Gun Shop link aint working? it works fine when I click on it from googel. And the AJC Sports link is also typed in correctly but the wrong site is coming up Grrrr................

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited 4 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().