Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 621,858 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thank you and hello... lifetime JW fan, my dad got us kids hooked from birth... I have a son named after JW character in The Searchers.... my kids love watching JW, now a days kids don’t watch westerners... but mine do.

So thank you so much again glad to be apart of a great group of people..

• Hello and welcome to the board, Kcarrier. I also have a son named after a JW character. I'm sure we are not the only fans to do so.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi! I live in South Florida. I am a huge fan of John Wayne as well as many of his co-stars. I possess a few handwritten Ward Bond letters from his early years and a few John Wayne autographs from his later years as well as one John Ford signed photo. I am always looking to add to my collection so if you see one on the net that I might have missed feel free to let me know.

I am here because I want to share this love for John Wayne movies with other fans. Thank you for allowing me to join. - James Powell

• Thank you and hello... lifetime JW fan, my dad got us kids hooked from birth... I have a son named after JW character in The Searchers.... my kids love watching JW, now a days kids don’t watch westerners... but mine do.

So thank you so much again glad to be apart of a great group of people..

Welcome to the JWMB! My kids got to watch more than their fair share of Duke movies growing up, and are often surprised when they encounter friends who have never heard of John Wayne! Glad to know your kids aren't in that crowd!

Hi! I live in South Florida. I am a huge fan of John Wayne as well as many of his co-stars. I possess a few handwritten Ward Bond letters from his early years and a few John Wayne autographs from his later years as well as one John Ford signed photo. I am always looking to add to my collection so if you see one on the net that I might have missed feel free to let me know.

I am here because I want to share this love for John Wayne movies with other fans. Thank you for allowing me to join. - James Powell

James, welcome! Those are some impressive collector's items! Glad to have you join us here. In addition to this being a pretty awesome John Wayne forum, we do have 'mini-forums' within, that honor such greats as Ward Bond and some of Duke's other co-stars.

• Hello and welcome to the board, wampa_attack. That is an awesome letter from Ward you have there. He is talking about getting a part in The Big Trail (Oregon Trail). That is a very early letter from him. Thanks for sharing those with us. Feel free to make yourself at home.

Mark

• I have (2) more very lengthy letters written by Ward Bond. All the letters were to his parents. Let me see If I can find the Ward Bond link so I can share. Here is one of my John Ford autographs.

Wanted: John Wayne Autographs

• Hello I am a life long John Wayne fan and love to collect his memorabilia. I recently purchased a shadow box with two photos a gun belt and holster along with a prop gun. I would like to know where I can take these items to authenticate them. The larger photo has John Wayne's signature. Thanks in advance for your help. Ann from California

• Hello all!! I'm a lil newbie here but I really enjoy the Duke and his films and I really enjoy reading all of your very informative posts!! Cheers, all! :D

"I'm the hardest egg ever hatched on the toughest street in the world. The Bowery Kid--That's Me!"
    (The Lone Star Ranger, 1930)

• Hello and welcome to the forum, Ann and EasternWester. I'm glad you both found us. As for your shadowbox, Ann? I don't know about such things as getting them authenticated, but maybe another member here who collects memorabilia will be able to answer you. I hope you both enjoy your time here.

Mark

• This is my shadowbox I just purchased I am super stoked about it I love John Wayne everything :) The larger picture is showing John Wayne wearing the belt and holster with his prop handgun pretty cool :)

• Hello guys !

I'm Gordon Quid, a huge cinema fanatic, especially made-for-TV movies, but i also love other stuff. Conan The Barbarian is my favourite movie of all time, and introduces me to the Sword & Sorcery genre. But, i also loves UB40.

I love watching Westerns and War movies when i'm bored. My favourite TV channel is movies4men (UK), which airs good stuff from time to time, even John Wayne classics !

I hope i will have a good time here.

• Hi GordonQuid! Welcome to the board!! I used to watch an animated show on Nickelodeon called Catscratch and one of the cats was named Gordon Quid. :)

"I'm the hardest egg ever hatched on the toughest street in the world. The Bowery Kid--That's Me!"
    (The Lone Star Ranger, 1930)