Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 622,198 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'm pleased to be a member of this distinguished group. I look forward to learning from its members, and hope to make interesting contributions as well. I've admired the career of Marion Robert Morrison (known professionally and in business as John Wayne) for as long as I can remember. In college I wrote a paper for a film studies class entitled, "Two Johns: The Collaborations of John Ford and John Wayne." I'm proud to report the prof. gave me an "A" for it.

• Hi

I'm Rick Spector. I collect vintage film memorabilia and have had many pieces from Duke. I helped catalog the estate sale in 2011. Not here to do any business, as I am retired for the most part, but like to hear and see what other fans think and feel after all these years. So much of Western film history seems to be missing the newer generations, although it appears John Wayne is immune to that. :D

• Hello and welcome to the board, staristars!

You say you have "had" many pieces from Duke. Does that mean you sold them? How could you? lol

There have been a few good westerns the last decade or so, but nothing like it use to be. That is a shame. But you are right, Duke is immune. He is still somewhere on the tv every week. And we still watch, even after seeing them a million times.

Feel free to tell us about some of the Duke related pieces you have owned over the years. Share a pic or two if you have them. We never get enough Duke!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Thanks!

I did keep the best piece that I joke to family I want to be buried in - but at 5'5" (insert short joke here _____) it is not practical. But, in case of a fire, it would be the first one out..err...other than the wife.

I will look for a costume thread here or start one if it is lacking. I would love to see what members here have as well.

• Hiya Everyone,
    Not a new member, but it has been awhile since I have signed on to the JWMB. I will need to catch up and read through the forums posts. I moved from Pennsylvania to Raleigh,NC and have become a Biker Pastor so much of my time is helping the needy, and interacting with Biker clubs, ministries, and groups.
    Shalom.
    Shortgrub

• Hi guys,
    I have been a Duke fan for decades and love almost all of his movies but mostly his classic westerns. Went to most of the locations except Durango, Mexico. Great website guys!