Advertising On Ebay

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,096 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Everyone

I have a printer at home that I have not used for some time and I wish to sell it via Ebay. I am howver unfamiliar with the procedures e.g. what do you have to do, how is shipping and handling etc covered. Any information would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• hi robbie

first off you have to decide if you want to sell it internationally or just locally, if you decide just for the british isles then go to the post office and find how much it would cost to post it surface mail as well as air mail (you can also do this for international post as well)go by weight and size . once you have done this then log onto the ebay site (if you have a photo of the printer it will help to sell it). when you have decided on a starting price lodge it as the starting bid. in the describtion area you will state that the cost of the postage and handling is at the cost of the winning bidder also find out if the postal service will do insurance for the item if they do you can quote this and how much extra it will cost this is up to the bidder if they want to take this option up. you will also have to decide how you want to be paid. all of this will be explained on the ebb site when you log on and chose the sell option.

this is all that i know hope it is of some help to you all the best with your endevours

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Robbie,

Before you go to the trouble of listing something on eBay, first do a search of your particular item to see if it is selling. Once it comes up on a list, select the option of showing only completed auctions, because then you can see if it has sold, and for how much. If it doesn't seem to be moving, you would want to reconsider listing it. eBay charges for the listing, and a Final Value Fee if and when you sell an item, a percentage of the total (not including shipping). As smokey suggested, you should be able to find out from a local shipper what it will cost to ship. In any case, the buyer pays shipping costs. Another thing that seems to help make a successful auction is to have a picture or two, and it is worth the extra $.25 (don't know what the UK equivalent is, but it isn't much) to have a gallery picture.

From personal experience, if a printer is more than three or four years old, you're not going to get much money for it. At our local dump here, there is a rather large mound (10 feet by 30 feet by 5 feet high) of "obsolete" computers, monitors, and printers.

Let's face it - most computers are obsolete as soon as you carry them out of the store :headbonk: .

Hope this helps a little :rolleyes: .

Mrs. C :angel1: