John Wayne(marion Michael Morrison)

There are 13 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,847 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Howdy all, I wanted to join the forum and say that this is wonderful that everyone is keeping my cousins legend alive. I am also from Iowa but was more down Ottumwa my father gave me the name Michael after John Wayne. Later in life my father took me to see John perform on set and I remember a tall man with a deep voice walk up and looked down at me as my father told him this was a family member and John Wayne picked me up and said"Son Someday you will be a star" I will never forget that face when I was little with that deep voice and how tall this man was to me being young that I was I was like wow big giant lol Later in life I attended College in Acting and ever since I have been in Theatre and someday be famous as the Duke God bless that man and god bless the fans out there.

• Welcome DukesCousin35, Glad you found us. Hope to here more of your stories as time goes along. Feel free to share whatever you have about JW. Thanks for coming here, hope you stay around.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• DukesCousin35,

We're a little late in doing so, but we'd like to add our WELCOME to those of the others! A more friendly, knowledgeable bunch you're not likely find, no matter how hard you look.

It's good to have you around. Did you meet the Duke more than that one time? How old were you? Do you remember which movie set you visited? Have you had any interaction with any of your cousins (i.e., John Wayne's children)? Sorry to bombard you with questions, but we're just curious.

Again, welcome, and don't be a stranger.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi DukesCousin35.

I'd just like to add my welcome along with the other guys.
    Hope you enjoy your time on this great site.

I also look forward to hearing your stories about Duke.

emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Welcome DukesCousin35 to the John Wayne Message Board. Hope to hear from you often. Look forward to any stories you might have to tell about JW.
    Cheers - Jay :D:D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• DukeCousin35,

I want to add my welcome. Do you have any contact with any of Duke's family at all today?

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hello All
    Hi DukesCousin is it still 35 or was that your age when you posted? I was hoping that you might have access to a family tree. I am doing minor research into a family connection between your clan and mine. Seasons greetings and all the best. kilo :newyear:

Greetings from North of the 49th

• I hate to be the sceptic here, but since this topic has been pushed back up I thought I had better step up and say something.

People as famous as John Wayne will always have people claiming to have known him or being relatives or whatever, either to make a buck or as I believe here to get some attention.

This is the second time this person posts this story, although a slightly different spin. He has two user names with almost the same information supplied.

Thread

User profile

Ok, it might be true, but I for one will have to see some more information before I believe it. It's not nice to say that someone is lying, but anyone can say they are a relative of a famous person. If you really are John Wayne's cousin I'm sure you will understand that it is sometimes necessary to ask question like this.

Regards
    Popol Vuh

• Hi Popol Vuh,
    Just to help out,here are the two very "similar" profiles:-

Active Stats
    User's local time Dec 12 2005, 04:35 PM
    Total Cumulative Posts 2
    ( 0 posts per day / 0.01% of total forum posts )
    Most active in Newbie Forum
    ( 2 posts / 100% of this member's active posts )
    Last Active 19th June 2005 - 06:24 PM

Franzoni2003
    [email protected]
    Home Page No Information
    Birthday 11 May 1970
    Location Lincoln,Nebraska

Michael
    Member Group: Members

Active Stats
    User's local time Dec 12 2005, 04:38 PM
    Total Cumulative Posts 1
    ( 0 posts per day / 0.00% of total forum posts )
    Most active in Newbie Forum
    ( 1 posts / 100% of this member's active posts )
    Last Active 14th June 2003 - 02:24 PM

Communicate
    franzoni2003
    Birthday 11 May 1970
    Location Lincoln,NebraskA

Interests Hi, My name is Michael Farr and my acting name (aka)Johnny Franzoni Got started acting when I watched my cousin Marion Michel Morrison(John Wayne) on set as a child and always wanted to be like him. God bless him and wish I could of shaked his hand for the wonderful performance.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Thanks, Popol Vuh and ethanedwards, for being so alert.

I'd like to offer a thought here.

If you notice, there is a huge lag in time between the two join dates, almost two years.

These two profiles obviously belong to the same person. Perhaps Michael couldn't remember either his user name or password from so long ago, so just registered again. I have a friend who did the same thing, and there were only a few weeks between join dates :lol: ! She just couldn't remember the user name she had selected, and hadn't saved the original email validating her membership.

So that would be my spin on it. I don't see any evidence of intentional subterfuge (he wouldn't have used exactly the same info if he was trying to fool us :rolleyes: ). If he couldn't remember his original user name, he wouldn't even be able to find his original posts. In fact, after two years, he might not even remember having registered before (after all, he only made one post). But it is good to be on top of these things, and I thank you again.

As to Michael's claim to being John Wayne's cousin, who knows? Obviously, he isn't taking serious advantage of it here.

I hope Michael will come back and share more with us. It sounds to me like he may only have met JW one time, and it would be my guess they are distant cousins at best. Not much to capitalize on, but it's interesting, especially to a group of JW fans.

Chester :newyear: