Do You Believe They Put A Man On The Moon?

There are 31 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,525 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Following on from the interesting segment posted by Chester regarding the solar system, I am curious to know what the general opinion is of people on this board regarding Neil Armstrongs 'SUPPOSED' landing on the moon.

A large number of friends of mine etc do not believe that Neil Armstrong ever landed on the moon and they base this theory on several theories, some of which may not be entirely accurate.

1. Why is Neil Armstrong primarily unavailable for interviews regarding the event?

2. The moon has no atmosphere so why was the American flag blowing.

3. How was the American flag dug into the ground when the moon has very little gravity to sustain it there.

4. Was technology so advanced in 1969 that people could see as well as here the experience of the moon landing.

Again I would like to reiterate that this is a filed that I am unfamiliar with but I would love to hear your opinions.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Robbie - try http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html for an in-depth refutation of this stupid idea that we never landed on the moon. It's mostly bad science molded to fit the naysayers idea that the moon landings were a major hoax. For one thing, as this site presents right off the bat, with so many people involved in going to the moon, someone would have blown the whistle within a day, much less it lasting all these years without many people saying it was a hoax.
    Cheers - Jay <_<

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I have heard the argument about the flag waving before too. Of course in the article I read, their theory was that there actually was an atmosphere on the moon and this was kept a secret. :lol:

I like reading about stuff like that but I try not to believe everything I read.

Regards
    Popol Vuh

• My in-laws were visiting from Germany when the first moon landing was made. My mother-in-law believed until the day she died (in 1985) that it was all a hoax.

My personal feeling about the entire space program is that it's one of the biggest wastes of money the clowns in Washington have ever made. And they waste money like it's going out of style.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Originally posted by Stumpy@Jul 14 2005, 05:59 PM
    My personal feeling about the entire space program is that it's one of the biggest wastes of money the clowns in Washington have ever made. And they waste money like it's going out of style.

[snapback]19027[/snapback]

Now, Stumpy, they weren't really wasting money, because I'm sure there were a lot of wealthy business people who benefitted from the manufacture of all the equipment used to get us to the moon. B)

Chester :newyear:

• Stumpy, I agree with you up to a point. Yes at times the space program does seem like a waste of money and probably is most of the time. But there are a few things that have been developed for use on earth. Like tang for instance!!! :lol: :lol: Does anybody still drink that stuff? :stunned::blink::wacko:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@Jul 15 2005, 05:56 AM
    there are a few things that have been developed for use on earth. Like tang for instance!!!

And those [very] few things that have developed for use on earth cost billions of dollars that could have been better spent for needs right here on old terra firma.

• hi robbie

watched a programme a few months ago just about this very thing

the flag waving was caused by the shake from the pole when it was put into the moons surface and because of the lack or little atmosphere it continued to move for sometime. i think they said it was held down with some sort of heavy metal cant remember just what but that is what they said. on this same programme thay spoke about the pictures that they got from the moon that were seen and how that they could not be produced using lighting equipment of the day.

in 1969 they used the dish at Parks in NSW to receive the transmission from the launa craft this dish is about a day and 1/2 travel from where i live they are long days. this dish is still in use today it sits in the middle of a sheep paddock in the midwest of NSW not far from Dubbo which is a reasonable days drive from Canberra.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi -
    Looks like I'm in the minority so far in that I firmly support our space program. For one thing, our technology would not be where it is today without all the research that has gone into going into space. Our internet (and the JW Message Board) is an indirect result of that. The micro-miniaturization of the computer came about because of space exploration. The medical strides made in the last few decades are an off-shoot of the technologies developed (in part at San Antonio's Brooks Aerospace Medicine). Many of the devices that aid us around the home and work and elsewhere have their roots in space research.
    On top of that, man is always exploring new boundaries. I firmly believe the human race will stagnate without new areas to investigate. Don't forget that the earth's resources are rapidly declining and we will need to find new ones eventually (meaning other worlds) and economical ways to retrieve those resources. This can only be achieved through space research.
    If man was not the exploring kind, we wouldn't have even had the westward expansion into the west, no westerns (especially John Wayne's).
    I've been on my soapbox long enough - suffice it to say I'm very positive about this subject.

Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I'm with you Jay.

It's not my tax money they are using, but money used for research can't be that bad. I think you Americans should be proud of your space merits.

Regards
    Popol Vuh

• I agree with Jay on supporting NASA. Several years ago I met and became friends with a married couple who both worked under Werner von Braun on missiles and rocket programs. Bernard S. had been interested in rockets during his childhood but, then he was taken away from his interests somewhat when he was drafted into the Germany Army. Bernard became an Artillery officer and served the full length of his war, on the Eastern Front. Bernard's wife was from England (Souzana) met him when he was in England in 1948? I thiink? and he was in touch with the authorities and they both married and immigrated to the USA in 1950.

Anyway, to make a long story short, if you live in Virginia or Western Virginia, you may have heard of them in the news or heard of the many seminars they do yearly about the space program.

The things I have been told which I could not quote accurately due to my poor memory, would really amaze you since most of what I have been told by them are not printed in books and were their personal experiances dealing with those programs during NASA's early days.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jul 15 2005, 09:16 AM
    Looks like I'm in the minority so far in that I firmly support our space program.

No, Jay, unfortunately people like you are in the majority. Otherwise, those clowns in Washington would stop funding that boondoggle.

• I have watched that program about the Apollo 11 moon landing,
    and I don't believe it was a hoax.

American astronauts gave their lives in the sixties developing the
    technology that was needed for travel in space. I know it happened
    as they were preparing for take off, but was it Aollo 7 or 8?.

As has been pointed out, to many people were involved in the space
    program for something of this magnitude to happen.

In the movie Apollo 13, Tom Hanks is talking with some people.
    They get round to the spiralling costs of the space program, Hanks
    agrees with them, and then adds

" we have spent millions on the development of a pen that will write
    upside down. then the Russians screwed us by using a pencil."

If we ever get round to living on other worlds, you can bet there will
    be a Irish theme Bar on each one.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Hi My Friend,
    And you can bet,
    there will be an Irish man and an English man,
    and some of our American friends
    with a black beer and a whisky, and a bourbon cracking jokes!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Keith

Now that is something I would like to see
    on any world, a few of us enjoying a drink
    together and talking about the Duke.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• That was the point of my post, look at all the advances in certain areas that we are using to make our lives alittle easier. The "Tang" thing, that was a joke though. I hated the stuff, to "tart".

-John Wayne

• All you supporters of the NASA Follies remind me of those folks who, when asked why they climb Mount Everest, reply "Because its' there".

Well, as an avid admirer of the Scottish philosopher and pragmatist David Hume, that's not good enough for me. I'm a firm believer in rationality and climbing Mt. Everest just because its there is not very rational in my books. Sorry folks.

• Stumpy, Look in to my eyes!!!! You are getting sleepy!! Soon you too will be part of the "program" :lol: :lol:

Hey Stumpy, I see where you are coming from but I guess allot of us are dreamers sometimes. I think agreeing to disagree fits the post here.

-John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@Jul 15 2005, 08:32 PM
    I guess allot of us are dreamers sometimes.

Those who know me best would never, ever accuse me of being a dreamer. Wet blanket maybe, but definitely not the dreamer type.

Like I said, for me there has to be a large degree of rationality before I can support anything involving the expenditure of hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars. No to mention the loss of several lives.

• I heard a few days ago about the space program, and wanted to comment to you about my feelings and facts of this money pit. The best of these investments according to what I heard was that unmanned vehicles are much more profitable than manned vehicles. They produce much more to our benefit than ever. We are in my opinion wasting time with putting people in space because it seems that they are doing experiments to see if things preform better with no gravity. I think that we are not doing enough and the wisdom of the government is holding us back into the next stage in human development. If they would get out of the space business and give it to free enterprise, I believe we would be traveling beyond our solar system, and I mean any of us.

The government has stifled everything in the name of progress. Example, look at the federal housing program. Look at the retirement system. Look at the medical program. A bunch of failures, and I could go on and on. People who have interest in the particular programs will do their best. Those who mirco-manage gets the result of a micro-manager, total diaster.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote