John Wayne's Companion

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,648 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Does anyone know the name of his secretary and companion at the time of his death. Thank you so much.

• Hi Akairan,
    WELCOME tO the JWMB.
    Hope you stick around, I am sure you will meet new friends here.
    Before Pat Stacy, Mary St John, was also his long time secretary

Best Wishes,
    ee

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• akairan,

WELCOME to the John Wayne Message Board, the best of its kind this side of dot com!

ejgreen77 has told you correctly about Pat Stacy. She wrote a book, Duke: A Love Story. Check out Amazon, where you can buy used copies for as little as $0.01 plus postage (their charge is around $3.49 for one item. That's where we got our copy, and that's about what we paid for it, too).

It is a very close look at the last years of John Wayne's life, as seen through the eyes of Pat Stacy. The chapters about the last few weeks and days made you feel like you were there - very sobering.

We hope you decide to hang out for awhile - this is a great place to be :lol: !

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

Originally posted by ejgreen77@Aug 23 2005, 11:33 PM
    Her name was Pat Stacy. There is a thread with links to some of her stories about Duke at:

http://www.dukewayne.com/showthread.php?t=1076

[snapback]20783[/snapback]

In following some of the links that you gave me and a couple I found myself, I discovered that Ms. Stacy died in the 80s. Does anyone know where she is buried. Thank you so much for the information about her book. I certainly am going to get it. I really miss John Wayne. His movies were so honest. Not this horror and awful stuff out there today, but just about people. Simple and honest. I am not stating it well at all. But I can sit and watch his movies over and over. Take care all of you and have a good day.

Marilyn

• Hi all,
    I finished Pat Stacy book just this week. I thought that she is still alive. But it seems unjust for me that after Dukes death she has to find new job.
    The last chapters impressed me greatly.
    Regards,
    Senta

Originally posted by William T Brooks@Aug 25 2005, 06:26 PM
    Pat Stacy' Asses are in a vault just a few hundred feet from John Wayne Her Sweetheart of 7 years! She passed away at the age of 57 in the Summer of 1995.

Chilibill :cowboy:

[snapback]20848[/snapback]

Your editing job didn't go quite far enough, Bill. :lol: :lol: :lol:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Dang, I missed this one. Hey Bill, if your going to screw up, make it a good one. And funny as well. You succeeded on both accounts!!! :lol: :lol:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne