Sheree North Rip

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,424 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Folks,

Haven't noticed this in the discussion list, but I read in USA Today that Sheree North passed away last friday (November 4) from complications from surgery. You may remember her as Serepta, Duke's old flame in the film The Shootist.

My heroes have always been cowboys.

• This is the first I've heard of this and looked up the information. It took a while because in IMDb and her web site they do not mention anything about it but I did find it in SFGate.com (no I don't anything about this site and they get it from the L.A. Times). RIP Sheree.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi all

I remember Sheree North in
    "THE SHOOTIST"
    But I'm afraid I don't remember her in
    any other shows.

But may the good lord take care
    of her now. R I P. Sheree.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• I'm sorry to hear of Sheree North's passing. If I'm not mistaken, I thought she had some kind of stroke in the 70s, but recovered very well with just a trace of impediment in her speech. I best remember her (don't ask me why) as one of the sleeper agents in "Telefon" - she blew up the refinery halfway through the movie.
    Cheers - Jay :(

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• It is sad to see so many of the stars and character actors from the "golden age" of films passing. Kind of depressing. It's hard to find actors and actresses of the same caliber as those we keep losing. May Ms. North rest in peace. She will be missed.
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Hi

At one time in the early fifties Sherry North was being groomed to take over from Maryiln Monroe, when she began to play up with her studio. She was threatened that if she contnued to be awkward she would just be dropped and Sherry would take her place as the new Monroe.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I was surprised to read of her passing. Just a few weeks ago, I was doing crossword puzzles in a TV Guide through the years crossword book and one of the answers was Sheree North. I wondered what she was up to these days. I am sad to hear about her demise. May she rest in peace.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "