The Searchers (1956)

There are 295 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 342,490 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I just rewatched this one again, for the fourth time and I love it. I think that it is just fantastic from beginning to end. I would argue that this is the best movies he ever made, or at least the best western. It's one of those movies that doesn't get stale with repeated viewings!

[SIZE=3]That'll Be The Day[/SIZE]

• I just rewatched this one again, for the fourth time and I love it. I think that it is just fantastic from beginning to end. I would argue that this is the best movies he ever made, or at least the best western. It's one of those movies that doesn't get stale with repeated viewings!

dc65,
    I couldn't agree with you more! There are so many layers to the story, that are revealed the more you watch the film.

Chester :newyear:

• Following on from my last post. Whilst The Searchers is the original soundtrack but it also has quite a bit of hiss/crackle. If they had bothered remastering or cleaning it up it would have been great.

Mike

• Hi all,
    I love "The Searchers". Casting,Directing ,Cinematography All is great.
    and soundtrack is so wonderfull.
    Titlle song is reminds me wide open spaces east Texas(but,actually it was
    taken Monument Valley)
    The Searchers is unquestionably one of the top western films of all time.
    Max Steiner's soundtrack CD which i have is below. this cd contains 35 page booklet.
    Regards, H.sanada

• This is the movie pamphlet of that time when The Searchers is released for the first time in Japan.
    H.sanada

THANK YOU so much for sharing the Japanese pamphlet.

I am really enjoying the international offerings of our different members, from all around the world! It continues to emphasize the wide appeal of our hero - no borders and timeless as well.

• THANK YOU so much for sharing the Japanese pamphlet.

I am really enjoying the international offerings of our different members, from all around the world! It continues to emphasize the wide appeal of our hero - no borders and timeless as well.

I have always said that John Wayne was Americas gift to the world and also your greatest ever export.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• What a superb JW western, one of his finest

If its on television I always make time to watch it

Great story, great casting - hugely enjoyable

• One of my favorite Duke films. Here is an example of the book and the comic book from the movie. Enjoy!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I only have one of the comics (The Conqueror), Jim. The others that I am posting are examples I found elsewhere on the web over time. I do have all the books I am posting, though. That is where my interest was when I was collecting. The books I could afford, but the comics always seemed to be out of my price range.

Mark

• That's a very nice piece you have there, H.sanada. I bet that would look real nice in a frame on the wall.

Mark

• That's a very nice piece you have there, H.sanada. I bet that would look real nice in a frame on the wall.

Mark

Thanks Mark, It's my pleasure.
    I really appreciate your good job for JWMB and enjoyed your collections of JW.
    By the way,Don't you worry about the limmit of attachments?
    cause you had sent many photos., i guess if you cross the limmit.

H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• Hello H.sanada,

I don't put them on as attatchments, I put them in my photos. Look below your name in the post above. If you click on the my photos count (your's is 0), it will take you to a page where you can put photos. You are allowed up to 100 photos in your gallery. Then you just link to that picture in your post. I have to trim my down a little, I have 94 in my gallery. I hope that answeres your question.

Mark