She Wore A Yellow Ribbon (1949)

There are 215 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 286,839 times. The latest Post () was by Nathan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Here's my last She Wore a Yellow Ribbon picture -- for now. Or should I say, until something else appears on ebay I want. :)

It's another picture from the scene with Rudy Bowman as Trooper John Smith/Gen. Rome Clay.

• Great Pic Larry. Can't wait to watch this movie again as I just don't remember it well enough to do justice to Rudy's efforts! Thanks again, Keith...the old lady one!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Here's my last She Wore a Yellow Ribbon picture -- for now. Or should I say, until something else appears on ebay I want. :)

It's another picture from the scene with Rudy Bowman as Trooper John Smith/Gen. Rome Clay.

Oops, Paula, didn't notice you posted the pic of RUDY. You going to be able to post about The Conquerors today? If not, I will just put the little bit you wrote in the Group Watch, so the boys will be happy, OK? Keith

• Dear Keith, that's fine. I'm sorry I haven't participated in the group watch, but I simply don't have the time. :( (Full-time job, website, family, dog, other stuff, the usual drill...)

• Dear Keith, that's fine. I'm sorry I haven't participated in the group watch, but I simply don't have the time. :( (Full-time job, website, family, dog, other stuff, the usual drill...)

Don't worry. I told everyone on Watch that I asked you too late and you were probably too busy. So, I posted what you had told me. It will make Gorch feel good as the beginning was a bit rough on him until some of the others of us jumped in. The more we all watched it, the better we liked it. Did you ever think of the picture of the funeral you were talking about? My friend John here, just might have it.....never know? Keith

• When I think of John Wayne, the first word that comes to mind is not "macho" or "tough" or "big guy" or anything like that. The word I think of is "soulful" and that lovely picture of Brittles in the graveyard illustrates perfectly my feelings about John Wayne. (Though I like it when he's being all tough guy too.) ;) Thanks for posting it, lasbugas!

• Love all these Pictures. Please keep them coming.

Maj. Amos Dundee: I have only three commands. When I signal you to come, you come. When I signal you to charge, you charge. And when I signal you to run - you follow me and run like *hell*!

Major Dundee (1965)

The German title for SWAYR seems to be the "The Devil's Captain", but my high school German is pretty kaput. I'm sure Ringo Carl can provide the accurate translation.

Your high school German is not that kaputt - maybe it´s viel besser than my English...:wink_smile:

The German title of SWAYR was "Der Teufelshauptmann"="The Devil´s Captain". But I prefer "She wore a Yellow Ribbon"!

When I think of John Wayne, the first word that comes to mind is not "macho" or "tough" or "big guy" or anything like that. The word I think of is "soulful" and that lovely picture of Brittles in the graveyard illustrates perfectly my feelings about John Wayne.

I have a picture hanging in my barn and on this picture there is a lovely Indian princess together with two grey wolves in a cave. The lines under the picturer say:

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness
    and nothing so gentle as real strength"

and that´s exactly what I feel about the Duke, when I see him playing Capt. Nathan Brittles!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

Edited once, last by Dukesfan ().