North To Alaska (1960)

There are 105 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 105,026 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Arthur,
    It looks like French cover of the movie, but they name it instead of North to Alaska - Le Grand Sam. I bought my copy of the movie in Paris and like it.
    Regards,
    Vera

• A quick question about this movie. Sam McCord was bringing back Angel for his friend. So when Lars pulls back the curtain, why does Sam have a liplock on the girl that he got for his friend??????:ohmy:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• There was a recent political scandal here that revealed that civil servants in their work time were entering Wikipedia and changing personal details on celebrities.

The outcome was that it was revealed that that anyone can sign in make an account and changes any details of any person I wouldnt place too much faith on Wikipedia!!

Mike

• Hi Greenhollow,

I have welcomed you on the appropriate thread,.
    but have done so again here, where you have initially posted.

WELCOME to The Original JWMB.
    Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

You may find this link useful:-

Link to Duke's Movies and Co-Stars

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I noticed on the credits list that Fred Graham is credited specifically as Duke's stuntman, but Bob Morgan can definitely be seen doubling Duke in the fight scenes. Especially noticable during the climatic street fight, where Bob, doubling Duke, gets knocked under the mule and gets stepped on in the process.

• this is one of my favorite John Wayne movies I have loved it since the first time I saw it as a little girl with my dad and i know even have the song on my mp3 player :)

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• What a difference 3 years can make! DeepDiscountDVD has it now, for $9.14, whereas 3 years ago it was $10.33. Sounds like deflation to me!

We haven't looked for it at other locations like K-Mart, but it might be worth checking.

As we've said before, we really enjoy this movie, but we'll have to bring it out and watch it again, this weekend, and see if we have any fresh insights to share.

Chester :newyear:

• Yeah, this one is a keeper. I didn't mind Fabian so much after seeing Frankie A. in The Alamo. He seemed to fit in the "plot" more than Smitty did, but it was still hard to swallow him and Stewart, the lovin' Limey, as even half brothers.
    Kovacks was an inspired oily choice of a villain and large enough to match Wayne. The scene where Duke loses it a classic. My brother and I still laugh out loud every time.
    Big Fever!

We deal in lead, friend.

• these are great pics form the movie it makes me want to go back to my apartment and watch it :)

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]