Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,330,339 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Got my hands on the new Twilight Time blu ray of "Our Man Flint". It wasn't the dramatic improvement I had hoped for, but is the best rendition that this film will ever have.

Despite a lot of intentionally cheezy special effects shots, this still holds up as sort of a rival contender of Bond, as well as a spoof of the genre. Neither Matt Helm nor Austin Powers. This is due to the selection of James Coburn who was finally given a starring role. He had appeared in Magnificent Seven, Hell is For Heroes, Charade, Major Dundee and The Great Escape and appeared to be lurching toward stardom. This is the one rocketed him to the top.

Worth a look.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Wow that was quick! It only came out a few days ago!!
    I've learnt my lesson with Twilight Time and ordered my copy early, I've missed out on a few and the prices they sell for now are ludicrous!
    I hope my copy makes its way across the pond quickly!
    I love the Flint films wish they'd made more than 2.

I watched The Lost Weekend starring Ray Milland as an alcoholic writer.
    Billy Wilder was a genius, to turn in an Oscar-winning film so stark and nihilistic as The Lost Weekend and some of the greatest comedies of all time is no mean feat!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Not sure what it was called? but saw somehting VERY stupid on the Sci Fi channel (what else is new for them?) had soemthing to do with several guys and gals who go looking for some mountain somewhere in Austrailia and find what else? murderous rampaging non-human monsters who wreck havoc on said group. That channel sucks....

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Watched The Colditz Story last night, the only P.O.W Camp that had the most escapes by escapees that made "home runs" as they called reaching safety during both World Wars 56. Going down to Oxford, England on Saturday to spend a few days with our son and his fiancée will be back on Tuesday, will try and get on one of the laptops while I'm there.

• Watched The Colditz Story last night, the only P.O.W Camp that had the most escapes by escapees that made "home runs" as they called reaching safety during both World Wars 56. Going down to Oxford, England on Saturday to spend a few days with our son and his fiancée will be back on Tuesday, will try and get on one of the laptops while I'm there.

Next to Dunkirk, that's my most favorite movie with Sir Mills as well as Eric Portman.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Rocklin here from cold Oxford watched another episode of midsomer murders last night couldn't make my mind up, was going to watch The Dam Busters so that will be my first choice when I return home on Tuesday

• I've been on a Clark Gable/Claudette Colbert kick lately. This afternoon, between various chores, I watched "Boom Town", a 40s flick about oil wildcatters. I've watched parts of it off and on over the years but for some reason, couldn't stay interested long enough to watch the whole thing. But this afternoon I stayed with it and oddly enough, enjoyed it. Not a bad movie at all.

It also had Spencer Tracy, Chill Wills, Hedy Lamarr and the old guy who played the Wizard of Oz.

De gustibus non est disputandum