Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,280,046 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Fire with Fire. With Bruce Willis

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• This afternoon I actually went to a real live theater to see "Zero Dark Thirty".

Wasn't a bad movie but not a great one either. I'm assuming it's fairly close to the actual events surrounding the finding and killing of Osama bin Laden.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Watched The Dam Busters last night this is in my opinion still a great movie, first saw this movie while still in School in fact we were taken to see it by the School, also I have a documentary on The Dam Busters Raid which is quite interesting.

• "Lethal Weapon". What haircuts!
    Interestingly, there was a cut scene showing Riggs taking down a sniper in a grammar school that never made the final print. It's pretty harrowing.

We deal in lead, friend.

• "Lethal Weapon". What haircuts!
    Interestingly, there was a cut scene showing Riggs taking down a sniper in a grammar school that never made the final print. It's pretty harrowing.

We deal in lead, friend.

Is the addition of cut scenes somehting in a new print of the movie? I wouldnt mind seeing more.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Carl, the "Lethal Weapon" Blu ray has a bunch of deleted scenes as extras and are not restored in the body of the film. I think that the DVDs also have the same extras, but I can't recall if the deleted scenes were restored in the body of the movie.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Thank you Bill ;-)) Also, im hoping to buy a VHS Player to DvD Recorder in the next few months. I wonder if its a blu-ray player? The reason im not getting it yet is because im saving up for an M-1911 A 1 Colt .45--new manufactured but looks exactly like the WWII verson with green parkerization. However, that depends on what the current buffoons in DC get.

• Kelly's Heroes was my choice last night, always liked the last part were the three of them are walking to the Tiger Tank just like three men in a western even the piece of music goes with the walk.

• Kelly's Heroes was my choice last night, always liked the last part were the three of them are walking to the Tiger Tank just like three men in a western even the piece of music goes with the walk.

The only thing that I found that was a shame in the movie-is that that "Tiger" wasnt a real Tiger but a converted T-34.

• Since I had the laser disc edition of "The Alamo" up and running yesterday, today I watched Brian Huberman's documentary "John Wayne and the Alamo", which is an extra. This is the full 68 minute version and not the edited 42 minute version which is on the DVD. Don't know what's missing on the DVD, but if you ever get a chance to view this, grab it. It's full of personal interviews with long deceased cast members and home movies taken in 1959 which show tons of candid material and deleted battle footage, including Duke throwing a lance head into the chest of another charging lancer.
    By far the most touching scene is an interview with an aged Ken Curtis watching his young self on TV singing in "The Spirit of the Alamo" video. The documentary is dedicated to Ken.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Oh, I want THAT.....now, to find it!
    I had lost my Hellfighters, so I just got another one and watched it twice last night..........Watched it again tonight.....I LOVE that movie! KEITH

Since I had the laser disc edition of "The Alamo" up and running yesterday, today I watched Brian Huberman's documentary "John Wayne and the Alamo", which is an extra. This is the full 68 minute version and not the edited 42 minute version which is on the DVD. Don't know what's missing on the DVD, but if you ever get a chance to view this, grab it. It's full of personal interviews with long deceased cast members and home movies taken in 1959 which show tons of candid material and deleted battle footage, including Duke throwing a lance head into the chest of another charging lancer.
    By far the most touching scene is an interview with an aged Ken Curtis watching his young self on TV singing in "The Spirit of the Alamo" video. The documentary is dedicated to Ken.

We deal in lead, friend.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Rocklin: dambusters"
    We were in England in 1995 for 3 weeks. I went to an Airfield on the north side of London there were displays of old airplalnes. They were featuring "Dam Busters", I read all the signs and love the technical story of how the Engineer tasked with making the bomb to use on the Dams did it. He saw a child's water play toy and designed the bombs so they would spin when dropped and stay in the water and sink to the bottom of the dam.
    I have just recorded the movie to see in the near future. Great Story, like so many out of WWII are.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower