Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,329,844 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Same thing happened here last night--not a darned thing worth watching so I tried to struggle through a few episodes of: Storage Wars (A stupid reality tv show) and Pawn Stars (another stupid reality tv show) and a bit of the Geraldo show on Fox, while trying to kill enough time to wait for the 10PM news to come on.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Cleaned my movies watching soul with a Great great British War Classic today: The Colditz Story w/ Sir John Mills, Eric Portman, Anton Differing, Theodor Bikel and several other great actors.

• "The Wild Geese". By all accounts, everyone had a ball making this one. Hard to believe that Burton, Harris, Moore and Kruger had sworn off alcohol for the shoot, but it shows on the screen.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Watched Mosquito Squadron last night, now I don't know whether anyone as watched this movie but it must have been a cheap movie to make because at least three of the sequences was from the Battle Of Britain, 633 Squadron and Dambusters.

Also watched Up In The World starring Norman Wisdom.

“We’re burnin’ daylight.”
    John Wayne

• The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (2005).
    Fun movie that is at its best when sticking with the source material and not adding unnecessary junk that detracts from the story. It has a great score by Harry Gregson Williams, and epic final battle that is arguably the best in the past 20 years.

• Currently re-watching the 1st Season of: Baa Baa Blacksheep w/ Robert Conrad, John Larroquette, Jeff Mackay, Simon Oakland and company.

Started off with the movie/premier to the series called: The Flying Misfits.

Being chewed out by "the boss" Colonel Lard.(Dana Elcar)

Pappy "borrowed" one fo General CLaire Chennaults P-40 Warhawks:

Pappys first Crew Chief:

Boyington and a favored bottle of Scotch:

An example of one of Boyingtons beautiful "Birds" (not one of his but of the type his bunch flew:

Maj. Greg "Pappy" Boyington (Robert Conrad:

The Sheep with General Moore (Simon Oakland)

Posing with the real Greg Boyington who was a Medal of Honor Recipient:

The real Greg during the war:

The pretend Greg:

James Whitmore Jr (Captain Jim Gutterman)) with the Cowboy hat)

One of the many run-ins with Col Lard:

The real Greg as a General in an episode he appeared in:

Dirk Blocker (Dans Bro) in yellow Mae West:

Greg after getting his Medal of Honor: Rest in Peace Colonel:

Red West as Sergeant Micklin:

Edited 2 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Fancied a bit of comedy last night and watched two Norman Wisdom movies, "On The Beat and Man Of The Moment" in my opinion the best comedy actor to ever come out of Britain.

Mr Grimsdale--Mr. Grimsdale.

• Two more Norman Wisdom movies were my choice last night, The Square Peg & Follow A Star.

“All battles are fought by scared men who'd rather be some place else.”
    John Wayne

• Still watching Baa Baa Black Sheep episodes and also, just watched: The Best Years of Our Lives w/ Dana Andrews and company. I hated this movie the first time I saw it but now that im over 20 years older--I love that classic:

The Double-amputee hero, the bum and the former banker return:

The above actor is Steve Forrests older Brother:

Love this view:

What a hell of a waste of Aircraft:

These B-17s deserved a better fate than the damned scrapyards >:-((

Great shot of the Staff Sergeant:

This shot also makes me very ill >:-((

The hero in his later years: