Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,329,886 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Time Limit w/ Richards: Widmark & Basehart, Delores Michaels, Rip Torn, Carl-Benton-Reid and Martin Balsam. Cant get much better than this movie.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "The Amazing Spider-Man" (2012)

Plot: IMDB
    Peter Parker/Spider-Man finds a clue that might help him understand why his parents disappeared when he was young. His path puts him on a collision course with Dr. Curt Connors, his father's former partner.

Phantom's Review: I personally found "Amazing" to be ...adequate. Not a bad film by any means. Good FX (if you don't mind a ton of CGI) good cast , story but the film seemed to lack the fun and excitement of the first two Sam Rami pictures. I really didn't see the point of retelling the origin over again. It made the first half hour of the film drag. But my biggest complaint with this film (as well as many other super hero movies) WHY THE HELL DO THEY KEEP TAKING OFF THE MASK!
    Most of the film , he was walking around in his Spidey suit with no mask on. Do the producers feel the audience is so stupid that we would forget what the actor looked liked? It was an Okay film, I just hope the sequel is better.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• 12 Angry Men, a classic by all accounts beautifully constructed and gets to the heart of what film makings about, no need for a huge budget etc just a captivating story well played out on screen. Everyone was great but Fonda, Cobb and Begley stood out for me as the best parts of the film though it's perhaps unfair to single them out.

Reign Over Me, Adam Sandler can do serious who knew, iv'e never much cared for Don Cheadle but he too was good in this. They did well with the extremely sensitive subject matter and it was a very touching and emotional film, I imagine especially for Americans.

• Titanic (1953) w/ Richard Basehart, Clifton Webb, Barbara Stanwyck, Audrey Dalton and Robert Wagner.

This is my favorite version of the sinking of that Ship even if its facts based more on fictional story. A Night To Remember comes in close second even if its more factual. Richard Basehart as always-steal the show as the drunken defrocked Priest.

Finally an image with Richard Basehart:

The Burg:

Edited 2 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Watched one episode of Lewis followed by part one of David Attenboroughs First of Life 2010.

“All battles are fought by scared men who'd rather be some place else.”
    John Wayne

• Lord help me, I watched "Wreck-it-Ralph" with two of my grandkids, ages six and three, and we all laughed aloud, but mostly at different times and for different reasons.
    It was captivating, cute, subversive and intelligent. My family gave me a reason to watch it. You are on your own.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Sine I watched Titanic yesterday--figured I would watch: A Night To Remember with Kenneth More, Percy Herbert, David McCallum etx. Love this movie almost as equally as Titanic--but for historical accuracy as well as I liked all the actors in it as well.

The Gent on the Right greatly resembles my good friend: Robert Murphy:

Nearer To God Are We:

Shame that neither movie in its ending credits--shows the list of those who survived as well as those who passed away. The first time I saw both these movies--both had that list in its ending credits and I thought it was a good way to remember those people.

• Watching Titanic (1953) right now on TCM, and the Getaway last night-the McQueen version. One thing always bothered me about that film Steve appears to be shot at the end by Lettieri, but nothing is mentioned about it afterword. Anyone know if the reference was cut, or the script was changed at that point?

• Watching Titanic (1953) right now on TCM, and the Getaway last night-the McQueen version. One thing always bothered me about that film Steve appears to be shot at the end by Lettieri, but nothing is mentioned about it afterword. Anyone know if the reference was cut, or the script was changed at that point?

Every time I watch both Titanic as well as A night To Remember--well, its easy to get emotional. For one--the Actors involved were perfect--especially the Richard Basehart Priest role as well as Kenneth More as Lightholler) as well as the tragedy itself. Ill take these moves over the one made in the 90s. The class of people back then seem to be so much better than people are today.

• Had a great lunch and a great time watching: The Dirty Dozen again for the billionth time. Hope to live long enough to see it another billion times.