Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,329,966 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Lincoln. This was an interesting movie. Should have been named The 13th Amendment. That was the point of the whole movie and it was good, but just tedious to watch for 2 and a half hours. It was alright, but expected something completely different.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Watched Reacher [2013] last night good movie and a great movie score, I have listened to the Audiobook and the character Reacher sounds much better than Tom Cruise in fact Steve Austin would make a better Reacher than Cruise.

“COWBOYS, just like the word says.”
    John Wayne

• Last Night I watched Goodfellas and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. Both were excellent and i'm beginning to love Spencer Tracy in films.

He was good. Give him a shot in: Northwest Passage (the movie that made me a fan of his) as well as Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo (the movie that sealed the deal on him for me) as well as It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, 20,000 Years In Sing Sing, and also Plymouth Adventures (a Thanksgiving/Pilgrims movie) and finally, Desk Set.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Thanks for the recommendations Ringo i'd actually been looking for more of his films to watch so you've really helped me out.

Welcome and, I forgot to add: Bad Day At Black Rock and Guess Who's Coming To Dinner and A Guy Named Joe.

• A complete coincidence with the last posts, but I just ran "Inherit the Wind" starring Spencer Tracy. It's an early '60s B&W film about the real Scopes "monkey trial" that was slugged out in court about evolution versus biblical interpretation being taught in school. The real lawyers were Clarence Darrow and William Jennings Bryan. I have no idea if the film is faithful to the court proceedings, but it is great cinema.
    Frederic March, Gene Kelly, Claude Akins, Harry Morgan and Noah Beery, Jr. all contribute to this fascinating work.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Evil Dead-the remake-not much is new from the original, well made and acted, but just another "why bother" remake.

• A complete coincidence with the last posts, but I just ran "Inherit the Wind" starring Spencer Tracy. It's an early '60s B&W film about the real Scopes "monkey trial" that was slugged out in court about evolution versus biblical interpretation being taught in school. The real lawyers were Clarence Darrow and William Jennings Bryan. I have no idea if the film is faithful to the court proceedings, but it is great cinema.
    Frederic March, Gene Kelly, Claude Akins, Harry Morgan and Noah Beery, Jr. all contribute to this fascinating work.

We deal in lead, friend.

Thanks for this Bill. Ive heard of but never seen the movie and seeing who is in it--makes me want to get it. They were all so good--much unlike those of today who are over-paid and not worthy of the status. A classic example that comes to mind is jim carrey.