Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,281,022 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• PawPaw, which Spiderman movie are you referring to? The Marvel one called Spiderman: Homecoming, with Tom Holland, Michael Keaton, and Robert Downey Jr.? Or the new animated one that just came out recently.

• Yesterday, went with one of my sons and grandson to see Captain Marvel. We all thought it was good. Started a bit slow but the last half really takes off with some great action. Brie Larson is good as Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers, and Samuel Jackson is his usual great self as a younger Nick Fury. I guess they de-aged him digitally and it worked. Same with the actor who played Coulson. Rest of the cast was good, Annette Bening, Ben Mendolshon, and Jude Law. And Lee Pace, who played the villain, Ronan, in the first Guardians Of The Galaxy movie reprised his role as Ronan in this one. The timeline for this is around 1995, a few years before Fury begins his Avenger Initiative. I've seen some bad reviews for it, but I enjoyed it. I'm 72 yrs old and really get a huge kick out of the Marvel-DC-Star Wars movies. Pure escapism.

• The last non-western i watch was:
    "The Quiet Man". I turned the TV on last week and there it was.
    One of my favorite all time movies.

Also, Ridgway Old West Fest Plans Take Shape
    Plans are well underway for the first Ridgway Old West Fest to be held October 11-13, 2019 in Ridgway, Colorado. The festival, which will become an annual event, is intended to highlight the town's film, ranching and railroad heritage and to celebrate all things Western.
    2019 marks the 50th anniversary of True Grit, the movie that earned John Wayne his only Academy Award. Director Henry Hathaway had been to Ridgway in 1962 when How the West Was Won was filmed. He liked it so well he brought True Grit's cast and crew to Ridgway and Ouray County in the summer of 1968 to film much of the movie, which was released the next year.
    No cost, except for some of the events.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• Kevin,
    I hope my post above here is okay. I just thought an event honoring "True Grit" is worth a notice on here.
    I am hoping to go and hope it doesn't
    snow there this October.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• Kevin,
    I hope my post above here is okay. I just thought an event honoring "True Grit" is worth a notice on here.
    I am hoping to go and hope it doesn't
    snow there this October.

No problem! Although we did post about it last December here: Ridgway Old West Fest planned to celebrate 50th Anniversary of True Grit movie

• We watched the 1st 3 Men In Black movies this weekend. Films usually water down badly by the third in a franchise, but I love the third one the most.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Watched Hitchcock’s Marnie.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."