Stampede Strings

There is 1 reply in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,060 times. The latest Post () was by Colorado Bob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Help me out guys. I need stampede strings (I think that's what you call them, the strings you tie around your neck to keep your cowboy hat on)... and I need them cheap. I've called around to western apparel stores and they want $15 - $20 for them. I can't afford that. I've got a lot of hats and I need to keep them on my head! What can I do?

Originally posted by Harry00@Aug 11 2006, 02:00 PM
    Help me out guys. I need stampede strings (I think that's what you call them, the strings you tie around your neck to keep your cowboy hat on)... and I need them cheap. I've called around to western apparel stores and they want $15 - $20 for them. I can't afford that. I've got a lot of hats and I need to keep them on my head! What can I do?

[snapback]33497[/snapback]

Howdy Harry,
    Have you tried looking at a craft shop like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or a leather craft store? I would think you could buy a spool of rawhide or leather thong and make your own. Probably be a whole lot cheaper.
    Best,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.