Duke Energy Company

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,260 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just had a question about a company that JW owned called DECO or Duke Energy Company.

Was wondering if anyone knew anything about the outfit and what they did or whether they may still be around.

Thanks,

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• I hope you all don't mind but I moved this question from off topoic to general discussion as it does apply directly to John Wayne.

Here is my question. Hope someone can give some insight.

Chilibill?!

Just had a question about a company that JW owned called DECO or Duke Energy Company.

Was wondering if anyone knew anything about the outfit and what they did or whether they may still be around.

Thanks,

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Yes Chillibill, but that is a different company that was started out east.

I'm just wondering if Duke had a small oil exploration company.

Thanks!

Tbone

• if i remember correctly i when i was reading pat stacy's wonderful memoir of the dukes last year's she mentions DECO and somethings about it. i'll see if i can find what she said about it and post it when i find it.

• I have so many books about John Wayne, and I remember reading in one of them that DECO was involved in extracting oil from used tires. If memory serves me right, it wasn't a very profitable venture for Duke.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "