Anyone here besides me watched or likes: The Rat Patrol?

There are 39 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 14,397 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• In watching the first eight episodes of the show, I think I see what made this not as good as say, COMBAT! I think the main problem with this series is not the star-power, nor lack of good guest stars or anything but, the lack of being a 1 hr long show.

As a 30 minute show, it was severely restricted in what they could do but, if it had been stretched out to 1 hr, most of the storylines would be brilliant.

Anyway, if you have the guts to post here, please tell me what you think about that show? ;-D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• In watching the first eight episodes of the show, I think I see what made this not as good as say, COMBAT! I think the main problem with this series is not the star-power, nor lack of good guest stars or anything but, the lack of being a 1 hr long show.
    As a 30 minute show, it was severely restricted in what they could do but, if it had been stretched out to 1 hr, most of the storylines would be brilliant.
    Anyway, if you have the guts to post here, please tell me what you think about that show? ;-D

I haven't seen "The Rat Patrol" since it first aired on TV. If memory serves, the main German character was played by Hans Gudegast. He later changed his name to Eric Braeden and was in "The Forbin Project" and is currently a regular in one of the daytime soap operas (and has been for years).
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• One of my favorite shows when I was a kid! Even had the hat like Christopher George!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Thanks for posting guys ;-))

Jay, you are correct about Hans Gudegast and in his changeing to Eric Braeden and still being on some soap apera. He was also in Titanic, Leonardo Di Caprio. Oh and, Hans had also been in many COMBAT episodes as - naturally-a German Soldier. When he was in COMBAT, he was in college and needed the money from acting to get him through.

Perhaps I'll have the guts to post something about it here as these DVDs just arrived! :wink_smile: :wink_smile:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Double thumbs up on Christopher George! He sure was a good actor. My favorite movie with him in it is El Dorado. I think he also had a small part in Midway. Just thinking of this, makes me want to watch El Dorado again tonight. Hmmmmmm.

• Yes!! I think it's a great show because the actors made it live! I wish Christopher George had lived longer; I understand he died young, but at least he went doing what he wanted to do in life!

Kcat

• Yes!! I think it's a great show because the actors made it live! I wish Christopher George had lived longer; I understand he died young, but at least he went doing what he wanted to do in life!

Kcat

His fatal 1983 heart attack stemmed from a 1967 mishap on the set of The Ratt Patrol. While filming a chase scene, George's jeep flipped over, pinning the actor underneath the vehicle. George sustained a cardiac contusion; scar tissue that never healed subsequently developed.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• His fatal 1983 heart attack stemmed from a 1967 mishap on the set of The Ratt Patrol. While filming a chase scene, George's jeep flipped over, pinning the actor underneath the vehicle. George sustained a cardiac contusion; scar tissue that never healed subsequently developed.

That poor man. And his family! To lose someone you love so young! I'm really sorry about this. Thank you for bringing light to a painful mystery.

Blessings,

Kcat

• I loved that show, I even went so far as to construct a wooden machine gun and mount it on my wagon. Darn near killed myself. Ah, those were the days. Young, stupid and not a care in the world, it's a wonder most of us ever survived childhood.

"John Wayne is not just an actor and a very fine actor,John Wayne is the United States of America."

• She quit acting after his death, I would imagine to spend more time with their 2 children. She remarried in 95, and lives in California.

"John Wayne is not just an actor and a very fine actor,John Wayne is the United States of America."