Did John Ford ever film a ufo?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,714 times. The latest Post () was by DukePilgrim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Okay folks, I'm gonna go waaaay out on a limb for this one, but I came across something the other day that I found interesting and thought that I would share it with you.

It seems that while shooting Rio Grande, there was a ufo that was filmed in a scene. I got out my copy of said movie and at the 1hr. 14 min. mark, if you look in the upper left hand corner, there is something there. The scene in question is the one where Duke is talking to Maureen O'Hara while she is ironing.

I don't know if this is something in the film or what it is. Perhaps someone here can explain it to me.

Hey, I don't make the news, I just report it. Amyway, check it out and tell me what you think it is.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Has someone had just a few too many 12pks lately?

There is a white dot that seems to move in the upper left hand corner. It moves like an aircraft of some kind, moves around then flies off the screen. We're talking about Moab, Utah. Not too far from a military installation. It could be just about anything, but a UFO???

• GT, did you find this yourself or did someone else point it out to you? I have watch that movie atleast 20 times, probably more and have never noticed that before. Thanks for pointing it out but I might be with DS on this one, a UFO??

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• First you must know what a U.F.O. is? As a Aerospace Engineer for over 50 years, I do know that there are U.F.O.s, Now What They Are is Somthing Else ? U.F.O. means Just that, somthing that You Do Not know what it is !
    :stunned:

I do know that in the Early 1950 when I was flying B-29s and F-86s we had a Form that we had to Fill Out Each Time We Saw Somthing and Did Not Know What it Was? At this time it was a Super Secret Program called "Operation Bluebook!"
    :ohmy:
    Remember this was Right In The Middle Of The Cold War and Just About Every One that was Flying at that time, were Seeing Things that they Did Not Know what it was !
    :yeaahh:

Below is the Clip of that Shows "The Thing" or U.F.O. that look like Small White Specks Flying around Just to the Left Of Duke's Head and above the Stake Fence, at the Very First of the Film Clip.
    :shades_smile:

Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• On the "You Tube Site" the Video Clip has been Edited just after it appears on the Screen, So I pulled out My Old 16 M.M. Film Copy of the Old Film that I have had From the Mid 1950s to take a Look.
    :shades_smile:

It Shows the object Going Back and Forth just Behind and to the Left of Duke's Head, and then becomes Two White Dots and then goes Behind Duke's Head and that is the Last Time You See Them !!!
    :glare:

Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• I pulled out my DVD last night and that's what I saw too. Eventually when it turns into 2 it actually looks like a reflection more than 2 items. Then re-joins or loses the reflection and flies off into the air.

And you misunderstood me on the other place Bill... don't lose the music. I left you a message on there.

• Hi Dakota, thanks for trying to get an image up but, I can't see anything using these cheapo library computers. Kevin pointed out to me on soemthing else, that it might be due to their security system-or somehting like that?

One thing I meant to say about film in general. When you see the "white dots" on screen, it used to mean that that was when a particular reel of film was about to run out and another reel needed to be spliced to it. You can see this much of the time when looking at films especially those from before about 1935.

GT, i'll be finding and watching my copy of Rio Grande sometime this weekend, and will see if I can spot it. ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..