Looking for Captain Brittle's quarters

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,923 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Great site I just happened to stumble onto. Thanks to Moderator Kevin for getting me registered.

We're going to be somewhere around the North Rim of the Grand Canyon later this summer and were looking for the location of the movie set where "She Wore aYellow Ribbon" was filmed. Any help in locating this place would be appreciated. Will be reading a lot on this site to catch up.

I saw my first John Wayne movie when I was just a little fellow, but I never forgot it. "Red River" it was. Next I saw "Hondo" and by then I was addicted. Lots of difference between the Duke and Roy Rogers.

We lived about 35 miles from the nearest town in West Texas so opportunities were limited back then. Cost .09 cents to get in. You can figure the math. Yep, I'm carrying a lot of lustrum around...

Great site. I'll be back often.

Pecos Bill

• Hi Pecos Bill

WELCOME to The Original JWMB.
    Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

Here is a link to our dedicated thread

Duke's Movie Locations- Monument Valley

Where She Wore A Yellow Ribbon was filmed.

I'll look into our other threads posted by our member Chillbill,
    and see if I can link you to the photo of the cabin etc
    which was located at Gouldings Trading Post.

Click on one of Bill's links

http://www.wyntoontrip.com/MONUMENT1.html

Here is one of Bills posts on this

You may find this link useful:-

Link to Duke's Movies and Co-Stars

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Pecos Bill,

WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board! A friendlier, more knowledgeable bunch you are not likely to find anywhere, and we are glad to have you join us!

Keith has certainly directed you in the right direction, when he pointed you in ChiliBill's direction. Bill, when he was in his teens, worked as an extra in several Westerns filmed in the Southwest, including She Wore A Yellow Ribbon. I feel confident you will get as good an answer to your question as can be had.

Again - welcome! And we look forward to seeing you around often!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Welcome to the forum, Pecos Bill. You stumbled into a mighty fine bunch of John Wayne fans here. I hope to see you jump right in and have some fun. Glad to have you aboard.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "