The Cisco Kid (1950-1956)

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,895 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• THE CISCO KID

ZIV TELEVISION/ BBC

Information From IMDb

Plot Summary
    The Cisco Kid and his English-mangling sidekick Pancho,
    ride the wild west fighting bad and evil.
    wherever they can.
    Written by ethanedwards

Series Cast
    Duncan Renaldo ... The Cisco Kid (156 episodes, 1950-1956)
    Leo Carrillo ... Pancho (156 episodes, 1950-1956)
    Bill Catching ... Sheriff / ... (20 episodes, 1950-1955)
    Marshall Reed ... Blade Meddick / ... (15 episodes, 1950-1955)
    Keith Richards ... Brad Torrance / ... (14 episodes, 1951-1956)
    Carl Mathews ... Henchman / ... (13 episodes, 1951-1956)
    Troy Melton ... Henchman / ... (13 episodes, 1950-1954)
    Zon Murray ... Henchman / ... (12 episodes, 1950-1955)
    Earle Hodgins ... Dr. Owen Desmond / ... (11 episodes, 1950-1956)
    Forrest Taylor ... Sheriff / ... (10 episodes, 1950-1953)
    and many, many others, inluding notably,
    Denver Pyle, Sheb Wooley

Series Directed
    Paul Landres (31 episodes, 1950-1954)
    and others

Series Produced
    Frederick W. Ziv
    Philip N. Krasne
    Walter Schwimmer

Series Writing Credits
    J. Benton Cheney (17 episodes, 1950-1952)
    and others

Trivia
    * First television series to be shot in color
    * Diablo was The Cisco Kid's horse. Loco was Pancho's horse.
    * In the 1953 season star Duncan Renaldo was injured in a rock fall and hospitalized, resulting in his missing nine episodes. To cover for Renaldo's absence on the show, the Cisco Kid was shown wearing masks, disguised as a ghost and in other situations where a double could be used for him and footage of him that had been previously shot but not used was also used. He recorded his lines from his hospital bed.

Memorable Quote
    [last lines of each episode]
    The Cisco Kid: Oh, Pancho!
    Pancho: Oh, Cisco!

Filming Locations
    Corriganville, Ray Corrigan Ranch, Simi Valley, California, USA
    Iverson Ranch, Chatsworth, Los Angeles, California, USA
    Jack Ingram Ranch - 22255 Mulholland Drive, Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA
    Kanab Canyon, Kanab, Utah, USA
    Melody Ranch - 24715 Oak Creek Avenue, Newhall, California, USA
    Paramount Ranch - 2813 Cornell Road, Agoura, California, USA
    Paria Canyon, Utah, USA
    Pioneertown, California, USA
    Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park - 10700 W. Escondido Canyon Rd., Agua Dulce, California, USA
    Walker Ranch - 19152 Placerita Canyon Road, Newhall, California, USA
    ZIV Studios, Santa Monica, California, USA

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 6 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• The Cisco Kid is a half-hour American Western television series starring Duncan Renaldo in the title role,
    The Cisco Kid, and Leo Carrillo as the jovial sidekick, Pancho.
    Cisco and Pancho were technically desperados, wanted for unspecified crimes,
    but instead viewed by the poor as Robin Hood figures who assisted the downtrodden
    when law enforcement officers proved corrupt or unwilling to help.
    It was also the first television series to be filmed in color, although few viewers saw it in color until the 1960s.

Like many kids, The Cisco Kid was a great favourite.
    It was different from the usual, TV westerns as it was more comical.
    Although it had the usual, good against evil storyline,
    it was all done in a lightweight, half English, half Spanish comedy!
    Cesar Romero, was the original Cisco,
    but it took Duncan Renaldo, to make the part is own.
    Renaldo ironically appeared in a Duke movie!!!
    He was in
    The Fighting Seabees (1944) .... Construction worker at party

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• This one I don't remember too well. We didn't get our own TV until we got back from Germany in 1957. Any TV I saw before early 1954 was at our next door neighbor's house.
    Radio was the thing for me up until that time.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I loved this show--it was one of the first shows shown in prime time when Australia converted to color television in March 1975--I suspect the reason being that so many had seen it in black and white in 20 years worth of reruns, there would be a ready made audience to see it all over again in color--and I'm pretty sure that is exactly what happened as it was on and of the tv schedules till around 1980.

Since then, no sign of Cisco and Pancho (except in a public domain print dvd box set floating around put out by Madacy Entertainment....yep, you can get them down here as well!)

• I saw this show as re-runs circa mid 1980's when it was played either every Saturday or Sunday morning on the Christian Broadcasting Network and was on just before they played two episodes of The Lone Ranger. If I recall, after that was Rin Tin Tin, Sky King and I think Wagon Train.

PS, I forgot to mention that I thought the show was great. I loved the ending where TCK would go: "Pancho" and Pancho would say: "Cisco" and then the'd both be laughing.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Yes, these guys had great ability in their interacting. One of my favorites as a child. It was on TV the year our family moved to San Diego California, 1956 . That year at the local "Fiesta del California", Leo Carrillo appeared riding his parade horse with a beautiful silver saddle, waving to the crowd.

Chester :newyear:

• Yes, these guys had great ability in their interacting. One of my favorites as a child. It was on TV the year our family moved to San Diego California, 1956 . That year at the local "Fiesta del California", Leo Carrillo appeared riding his parade horse with a beautiful silver saddle, waving to the crowd.

That musta been one heck of a time to start growing up in. That as well as getting to see Leo Carrillo in person riding in a parade.

Not to be too far off-topic but, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Duncan Reynaldo was in a few of those Three Mesquiteers movies.

• I had never even heard of this series until I got a dvd from a friend of mine and needless to say, the 6 episodes I have watched were very good. I just wish Encore Westerns would show this.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• One thing I wish that Encore would quit showing, is that very stupid movie with Robert Redford and Hanoi jane fonda in it-which is called: The Electric Horseman. I remember it when it first came out and saw the commercials advertising it. I thought it was stupid then, and even more so now.

Back to The Cisco Kid (so's not to be too off-topic) ;-))

I enjoyed the episodes I have seen as well. I don't remember anything particular about the series except that our family gathered every Sat or Sunday morning to watch it and those Lone Ranger episodes.

Funny you should mention that. I got to see Duncan Renaldo in full Cisco Kid dress at the Michigan State Fair back when the show was at it's peak in popularity. He even rode his horse Diablo at a full gallop in front of the grandstand. And one year, for Christmas, my brother and I each got a Cisco Kid outfit. And to add, I remember one day watching the show, it was first run, and Cisco got ko'd from behind. I was so mad, I went up to the tv and hit the screen. My dad saw it and turned it off on the spot and I missed the rest of the show.