Good-Bye My Lady (1956)

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,889 times. The latest Post () was by RoughRider.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I accidentally found this movie on line that was produced by Batjac Productions. It was released on May 12, 1956 and re-released on November 2, 1959. After doing some searching, I found that this movie had been re-released from Duke himself because of the succedss of Walter Brennen's role on the TV show, The Real McCoys.

It has not be released on DVD, but has on VHS. The VHS I saw some for sale was up wards around $100. A little to rich for my taste in movie collecting without knowing anything about a movie.

The movie starred Walter Brennen, Phil Harris, Louise Beavers, Brandon De Wilde, William Hopper, and Sidney Pointier. All deceased except for Pointier. The director was William Wellman. And it is a dog type movie.

Does anyone know anything about Good-Bye My Lady? Looks like a really good movie. I made a suggestion for TCM to play this movie.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Edited 3 times, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• Mike,
    Thsi movie is listed in our Filmography,
    along with the other Batjac Productions
    by Duke

1951. Bullfighter and the Lady
    1953. Hondo 3D television Broadcast 1991 with introduction by Marissa Wayne
    1953. Plunder of the Sun
    1954. Ring of Fear
    1954. Track of the Cat
    1956. Goodbye My Lady
    1956. 7 Men from Now
    1956. Gun the Man Down aka Arizona Mission
    1956. Man in the Vault
    1958. China Doll

If you've not seen this, here is a review:-

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 3 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Thanks Keith for the posting. I did look for this thread, but didn't find it.

I was wondering if anyone here has seen this movie. I'd like an opinion from someone here. I'd like to see it myself because I have read reviews and opinions and it looks intriguing. It may be one that I'm building up and will be disappointed, but it shows favorable reviews.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Just to revive this post back up. Has anyone seen this movie? I'd like an opinion on this. I think it is a pretty good movie. What is your opinion?

- John Wayne quote

• Just to revive this post back up. Has anyone seen this movie? I'd like an opinion on this. I think it is a pretty good movie. What is your opinion?

I think it's a gem of a movie. The dialogue and acting, especially from Walter Brennan, is a thing of beauty. I've watched the film a number of times, and the southern dialogue and gentle tone and simpleness create a wonderful story. The original author was born in Mississippi, and it shows in the film.