HAs anyone here watched a movie called: Centurian?

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,178 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Reason I ask is because I see it for sale at Wally World (AKA) Wal Mart for $10 bucks. I looked at the back to read what it was about and sounds like a good movie, but, I wanted to know if anyone has seen it and if they liked it or not before I spend the money on it.

Im sorta on an Ancient Alexander the Great-like-kick lately. This is after watching a great Doc about King Leonidas and his Spartans @ Thermopelae. Im also considering getting 300, which I didnt care much for the first time around but, im starting to like it more with each viewing. I also plan on digging out Richard Egans version of the famed last stand--300 Spartans. I guess Gladiator will be the 4th title to watch for me to get my fill of that time frame.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Can't really help you out on this one, Ringo, but I ran the trailer on IMDB and it looks worth a watch.

We deal in lead, friend.

Thank you Gorch, your opinion on the trailer helps. I think ill snag a copy tomorrow ;-))

• I enjoyed "300" as well. It was very stylized and in IMAX it was shattering, but I don't know if I'll watch it again. "300 Spartans" is letterboxed on DVD and that's the one I'll sit through again.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Hi Jay, Gorch, thank you.

I admit that when I saw 300 at the movies, I didnt care much for it because of the supernatural type junk in it. I had hoped for a strait shooting movie telling about that famous battle. I was sadly disappoinrted on that front. However, I watched it again a couple years later and watched it for the action in it and liked it much better. Now I realize that the movie was more based on reality than I thought-meaning with the addition of that supernatural stuff.

I love 300 Spartans. That was more on how I had hoped that 300 would be more like and was partly why I didnt like it the first time around.Now I watch it with a different point of view and know the movie will grow on me in time. I like it enough now to get one from Deep Discount DvD . Com. Besides that, its cheaper there than at WalMart.

Ive been looking for some 300 Spartans stills to get, I only see a few every once in a great while offered-and usually way more than they are worth even if they are good shots.

• Here is another I forgot to post after watching. This one too was very good-well made and well acted. Give it a shot yall.

• Hi

I watched the Centurian some time ago. It a bit like the march of the ninth Legion basicly they march into Scotland and are massacred by the locals. A few manage to escape, turn on each other and are pursued through Scotland by the Picts or Scots, occasionally blood thirsty. Save your $10 watch it on TV.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Is it this Centurian?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1020558/?ref_=sr_1

I watched this because Michael Fassbender and Liam Cunningham were in it. I thought it was lousy. Fassbender said it was bad, also.

This is the movie and, I cant see what is so lousy about it? I thought it was well made. But opinions are like noses--everyone has at least one. :lol:

• Too late--I already bought a copy a number of months ago. However, one thing I do like about it as that it does give a tad bit of history on the 9th Legion. Im also a big fan of 10th Legion history.